We forcefully moved to the new server and upgraded to Dragonfly CMS v10.
Please keep in mind we are working hard to get everything up and running, so please be patient.
Read/reply for issues in this forum topic /

Best regards, DJ Maze

Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ Pro News ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS

Pro News Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2  Next
layingback
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

There is now a blog template for Pro_News, which of course can do image upload. Looking at the features listed for BlogPlus (for the 1st time), I think Pro_News has all the functionality of BlogPlus - although that was never my intent Smile . Plus of course a much more current blog-like display.

And in the next release of Pro_News there is a configurable page for each member (of any group you wish including all Registered members) capability, so you could set it up for everyone to have a blog. See an example blog on my site.

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Linux / 1.3.42 - 2.2.12 / 5.1.72 / 5.4.21 / 9.4
Eestlane
I18N / L10N Lead Dev
I18N / L10N Lead Dev

Actually, BlogsPlus allows members to keep their own blog, so it differs from your module in that aspect layingback.

Eestlane's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
-
layingback
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

No. Anyone can post to Pro_News, always have, without approval too, if you want. So new for v3.3 Blog capability supported multiple blogs.

And the upcoming version will, as I said, have option for each member to have their own pages, which could well be for a Blog (each) - just depends what template you assign to the Members' Page Section. This would be in addition to any site Sections (in same way that Coppermine has site albums and user albums).

I have code working on dev system, along with link to members' page in Your Account Home_Page custom user field. I wanted to add a profile link in Forums, alongside email, web, etc, icons. But I couldn't figure out the code! Sad

PoKo
Supporter
Supporter

Will it also work with the old 9.0.6.1 version of DF also and can I run both news modules simultainusly?

PoKo's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2
layingback
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PoKo wrote
Will it also work with the old 9.0.6.1 version of DF ...

I ported the code back to 9.0.6.1 when I "took it over". It will still run on 9.0.6.1 with the proviso that you need to install 1 extra file (pagination.php, included) to handle the next/prev page stuff (DF didn't offer this as a module function until 9.1). Instructions included. It does need MySQL 4.4 or later though (MySQL 5 ok).

PoKo wrote
... also and can I run both news modules simultainusly?

Yep. I expected everyone to use it this way, but as more and more of the "News" features got added, it can now be used as an effective replacement. Although there is still user development required if you want to replace News and link to Topics. (Support DF Topics is available in the template code, but there are currently no templates that make any use of it.)

Thinking more about the use for Blogs, you could support it for all members with current release. I think all you would lose is the ability to limit the members to 1 or 2 pages each. Anyway, give it a try if you are interested - I would be interested in your feedback.

PoKo
Supporter
Supporter

I think it is still not what i am looking for. As far as I can see you may upload images to the article, but you may not place them on the page as you wish.

You can do that if you go thru the hazzle of uploading them to the gallery first, but then you could do it anyway.

What i am looking for is more like wordpress, where you may upload as many images as you wish and place each of them them directly into the text wherever you like...

Am I missing something, or can this be done right now?
I just see the image upload function beneth the textbox...

Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2
PoKo
Supporter
Supporter

And the images appears as thumbnails.... I would like the wordpress function where you may resize an image to max size such as 300pxl, 400 pxl, 500pxl etc. at upload so you won't need to present them as popups but have them full size on the page.

layingback
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

With all due respect, that wasn't what you said you were looking for in your original post. (This post has been split, so your request is not even in this thread any more Evil or Very Mad I was only trying to help you out ... Rolling Eyes )

Re your revised request:

What I am looking for is more like wordpress, where you may upload as many images as you wish and place each of them them directly into the text wherever you like...

&
I would like the wordpress function where you may resize an image to max size such as 300pxl, 400 pxl, 500pxl etc. at upload so you won't need to present them as popups but have them full size on the page.

When you figure out how to do that within DF's template system, then I'd be more than happy to incorporate it ...

PoKo
Supporter
Supporter

Yes I know Layingback, I'm sorry and I didn't mean to be ungrateful. My original comments was "How i wish this blogmodule had an image upload function". I didn't specify more than that.

Now when testing the News_Pro module I remembered that this image thing was why I didn't start using it at all when it first came.
If the image upload function can not resize images to fit the page it is posted on and allow the images to be placed where you want them, then I just don't see the use of it. Then it goes right back to the old "image edit in photoshop, upload thru ftp and place thru html" routine all over again, and then it is just as good sticking with the original news/blog modules.

I think that both this module and the originl blogg module needs this feture if they should become blog/news modules worth using. When writing long topics you may want to illustrate along the way, not having 4500 words and then 5 images at the bottom of the page.

Sorry if I am asking too much here. I don't know how to do it, but I know for sure I would like to see it done Smile

layingback
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

No worries! Laughing I was much more frustrated with the thread splitting!

I understand where you are coming from. And I _may_ have thought of a way to do yesterday ...

If you want to grab a login at layingback.net we can continue the discussion there Where I know the admin staff real well Wink

earth
Heavy poster
Heavy poster

Ran into a little issue with DF Version 9.2.3.1 and getting some errors, that not sure if are related or not, as had not tried the discuss links to start a forumpro thread and anyways getting these errors

modules/Forums/nukebb.php

* Warning line 21: include(modules//common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
* Warning line 21: include(modules//common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
* Warning line 21: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'modules//common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

includes/db/db.php

* CMS Warning line 75: On /index.php?name=Pro_News&discuss=1 While executing query "INSERT INTO cms_bbtopics (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, icon_id) VALUES ('test', , 1277142657, 14, 0, 0, 0, 0)" the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1277142657, 14, 0, 0, 0, 0)' at line 1 In: /home/dfaddons/public_html/modules/Pro_News/functions.php on line: 2374

earth's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/
earth
Heavy poster
Heavy poster

CMS Warning line 75: On /index.php?name=Pro_News&discuss=6 While executing query "SELECT auth_post,auth_reply FROM cmsfpro_forums WHERE forum_id =" the following error occured:

in the above error, noticed the error and not sure what is causing it or what is the fix, as of this moment.

cmsfpro_forums

greenday2k
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Choose a Forum On the Category configuration.

greenday2k's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
earth
Heavy poster
Heavy poster

^^

Choose a Forum On the Category configuration.

that may be part of the problem, it is not working like it did before and on other sites, running df 9.2.1, not sure if it related, as it worked before upgrading to df 9.2.3 perfectly.

When I go to add a category presently, it only allows section default and not option to change to forums pro from cpgbb, as it does on other sites, from my recollection, not sure if that is the issue or not.

this issue is imho is here

this: cmsfpro_forums

should be this :cms_fpro_forums

This occured on two test sites with df9.2.3 upgrades and fresh installs with pronews.

* Warning line 21: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'modules//common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

this was just not with the common.php it was with the nukebb.php also, it was made to go away by hacking it a little, however issue still remains...

was able to post article from forums pro to pronews, just when going to discuss links, same thing still occurs.

I can verify on fresh install of df 9.2.1. and latest public release of PNews, however do not know why, when it works on several other df 921 sites and no upgrade PNews was done, and all files are identical there.

I noticed you had the issue in the forums at layingback a few years back, or someone did there, with the warnings, as a google search result lead me there.

When you go to get the new version there, it says available to members only, however that is not correctly stated, as it is only available to sponsors group members, so maybe you can share it with us, so we do not have to go through any luluhoops!

earth
Heavy poster
Heavy poster

ok, after endless hours of pondering and trying to fix it by my mcgyver skillz, was able to find where and how to do so, it seems, the most obvious, as it was clear it was not with ProNews.

We are maybe going to need Nano or someone to comment on this and address it, as my guess, the issue is with the 9.2.3 includes/db/db.php

This is the reason the forums do not install correctly, off topic a little in this thread, so will post a link to this thread, for review of devs to note and address and hopefully correct it.

Solution was to overwrite new db.php with 9.2.1.X version of db.php in the df 9.2.3. version that is running!