Upgrading or Switching
Dragonfly public view
Build local server
Tips and Tricks
Rules & Regulations
v9 Developer's Manual
v10 Developer's manual
|4.3: 9.1 to 9.2
Upgrade TIPS from 9.1.x to 9.2.x
Below is information and all instructions about upgrading your themes and modules, only small changes, but required.
# This applies to Release number 9.2.1
- will be found in admin -> main settings
- A new Block class has been written to replace many functions found in includes/functions/display.php.
- It fixes a few minor bugs always present since 184.108.40.206.
- It should speed up the blocks display process.
- A new Menu static class has been created to reduce I/O disk access by saving image paths in the visitor Session and it does reduce site-wide, page generation time. A cached version will probably come later on.
- Has a new public function format()
- MEMBER_BLOCK, themesidebox(), themecenterbox(), blocks(), rss_content(), blocks_visible(), render_blocks(), blockfileinc(), headlines(), userblock() and hideblock() are now deprecated.
- By activating CPG_DEBUG (a must in this case) will link old functions to the new class and appropriate warnings will show up in the footer.
In file themes/Your_Theme/theme.php
# add to themeheader() and themefooter() globals
Make sure themes/Your_Theme/template/block.html works properly since it will be now finally used by $Block->preview() in admin -> blocks and wherever a developer wants to preview of a block.
# themes/Your_Theme/template/header.html, footer.html and blocks.html add minus/plus image file extension like
Only if your module use MEMBER_BLOCK or you as developer want to add a user custom "tools" block like Your_Account and Coppermine does.
$block = array(
'bid' = 10000,
'view' = 1, # 0 all, 1 user, 2 admin, 3 admins, >3 bbgroups
'side' => 'l', # l, r, c, d
'title' => _MULTILANG_ALLOWED,
'content' => $variable
'a string or a callback function()'
# just free up some memory
$block = NULL;
|News Module Changes:
- "morelink" is now split into components
- virtually all html has been removed from the code and hard-coded colors in the templates have been eliminated
- core theme templates have been adjusted
- all custom themes will require template adjustments, or just adopt the default theme News template - it will inherit your theme's styles and the texcolor/bgcolor variables.
|Advanced Module Installer:
Module developers are invited to use install/sql/tables/ and install/sql/data/ standards for future developments.
9.2.x core already supports this and it will soon be the new install method. An example is found in cvs/modules/Blogs/
It will automatically upgrade any 3rd party modules at the same time as DragonflyCMS is upgraded.
Also the module installer will be able to 'clearly' use all db_check functions/converters.
e.g. you want to add a new field
- you only need to add the field to the table structure, change version number to your module, and db_check will do the rest.
e.g. you want to convert a varchar field that contains IPs to a varbinary field type
- just change the field type in the module table structure and db_check will automatically carry out the conversion in all DragonflyCMS supported databases.
In other words, it will make your module install/upgrade compatible with all supported databases.