Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ MediaWiki Dragonfly Integration - Version 0.4 - Beta ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS

MediaWiki Dragonfly Integration - Version 0.4 - Beta Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
SaintPeter
Heavy poster

Started in This Thread, in conjunction with user Hókipóki, we began integrating MediaWiki into Dragonfly. We have made great progress.

Announcing MediaWiki for Dragonfly
This is a fairly stable 'Beta' version of this module. I believe all of the major issues have been worked out and am seeking feedback.

Installing
PLEASE read the included INSTALL.html.
Note that this module requires a file wiki.php in the root of your install.

Known Issues
1) If you have an existing Wiki that you are integrating, all of your users must change their style to 'dragonfly' or their display will be majorly buggered.
2) With some styles, the display of the Wiki text may be very large.

Fixed/Non-Issue
1) "* Warning line 33: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice"
This can be fixed by commenting out line 33 of LocalSettings.php. Details here -- Instruction added to INSTALL.html in v0.2

2) Warnings about "LanguageEN.deps.php" and "Standard.deps.php" - These are expected warnings, normally suppressed by the code. -- Note added to INSTALL.html in v0.2

3) Table of Contents Generation code does not prepend the site URL. Clicking on a TOC link takes you to the root of the site. -- Fixed. Added $BASEHREF generation code to index.php - in v0.2

4) Fixed display of Tabs. Tabs now function correctly - in v0.3

5) Issue with older version of php not liking {$array['index']} syntax in strings.Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting '}' in /pathremoved/modules/MediaWiki/skins/Dragonfly.php on line 115 - in v0.3 (and fixed again in 0.4.1, after being broken in 0.4)

Feedback needed
1) Does the installer work for you?
2) Are the install instructions sufficiently clear?
3) Does it work?
4) Aside from the known issues, does it display correctly in all cases?

Current Version
Version 0.4.1 Beta (August 20th, 2006) [ Release Notes ]
Old Versions
Version 0.4 Beta (August 19th, 2006) [ Release Notes ]
Version 0.3 Beta (August 10th, 2006)
Version 0.2 Alpha (August 7th, 2006)
Version 0.1 Alpha (August 5th, 2006)

SaintPeter's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Linux 2.6.9/Apache 1.3.36/MySQL 4.1.18/PHP 5.1.4/CPG Nuke 9.1.0.8 (Modified)

Last edited by SaintPeter on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
Hókipóki

As I see it in the wiki source, the skin names are logical names, and are mapped to the real ones in perhaps language/Language.php (see $wgSkinNamesEn). Or how does wiki find the skin directory and file, if you didn't specify this logical mapping?

And I have one problem testing in IE. I can't make IE reload the css file, no matter how hard I try. ctrl-F5, deleting all cache, it won't reread the css. I can't test it properly. (FF, Opera reload the css link correctly). Any idea how to force the reload? 8(

Hókipóki's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Debian sarge/Apache1/4.1.11/9.1 cvs version
Hókipóki

By the way, awesome work. Thanks!

Hókipóki's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Debian sarge/Apache1/4.1.11/9.1 cvs version
SaintPeter
Heavy poster

madmikeuk wrote
After I installed your MediaWiki module, i get the following PHP interpreter error:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/Defines.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /data/web/virtuals/mikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmphclan/modules/mediawiki/windex.php on line 30
Do you know how to resolve this problem?

Hókipóki reported that if you make the following change in your LocalSettings.php that it fixes this problem:
set_include_path( get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . implode( PATH_SEPARATOR, $path ) );
Although it may have been a different issue.

You are accessing it from you menu option, right? And you get the proper header display/blocks?

SaintPeter
Heavy poster

Hókipóki wrote
As I see it in the wiki source, the skin names are logical names, and are mapped to the real ones in perhaps language/Language.php (see $wgSkinNamesEn). Or how does wiki find the skin directory and file, if you didn't specify this logical mapping?

As near as I can tell, it uses an internal name for each Theme. That theme name is defined in the Theme file itself:
class SkinDragonfly extends SkinTemplate {
function initPage( &$out ) {
SkinTemplate::initPage( $out );
$this->skinname = 'dragonfly';
$this->stylename = 'dragonfly';
$this->template = 'DragonflyTemplate';
}
}

Hókipóki wrote
And I have one problem testing in IE. I can't make IE reload the css file, no matter how hard I try. ctrl-F5, deleting all cache, it won't reread the css. I can't test it properly. (FF, Opera reload the css link correctly). Any idea how to force the reload? 8(

I use Ctrl-Click on the Reload button, YMMV. I am using Maxthon, which is an IE wrapper, but I am guessing it works that same in IE.

Make sure you've got your preferences->skin set to the one you're working on - I once spent 15 minutes refreshing an unchanging alternate skin 😢.

brownas98
Nice poster

i think i'm being really stupid here but i can't access the modules/MediaWiki dir to install it, i get this error

--------------------------------------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /dragonfly/modules/MediaWiki/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.2 Server at localhost Port 80
--------------------------------------

i'm sure i'm just being stupid.... but can you help?

cheers

brownas98's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
XP Pro/Apache 2/MySQL 5.0.18-nt/PHP 5.1.2/Dragonfly CVS/phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2
SaintPeter
Heavy poster

That may be a security feature of Dragonfly, or possibly a permissions issue. Verify that you have the permissions on the MediaWiki directory set correctly. I am not experienced enough yet with Dragonfly to know if it is doing something to stop you.

brownas98
Nice poster

yes it does stop you, well i think so.

you can kind of get round it by doing

localhost/dragonfly/in...=MediaWiki

but then all the includes in the index.php file don't work. i could change them but i'm sure that there will be 100s or 1000s of these includes thoughout the app and i don't think its the best way for me to install it

brownas98's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
XP Pro/Apache 2/MySQL 5.0.18-nt/PHP 5.1.2/Dragonfly CVS/phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2
SaintPeter
Heavy poster

That's odd. Theoretically, it should be possible to install it through the Module, although I have not tried it.

What the module's index.php does is do a CHDIR to change the base directory that PHP is working out of. Did you follow the installation instructions and rename your index.php, etc?

madmikeuk

Copy the .htaccess from the modules folder into another tempory folder. Then delete the one in /modules directory. That should let you install it there.

madmikeuk's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Custom Linux Build (SuSE Branch), Kernel Version 2.6.16.18/Apache 1.3.34/MySQL 4.1.18-log/PHP 5.1.4/CPG-CMS Dragonfly 9.0.6.1 Stable
SaintPeter
Heavy poster

madmikeuk wrote
Ok, so I did you fix as documented at the thread. The error message doesn't appear anymore. But neither does anything else! I probably didn't set the theme properly, but I am sure there is nothing wrong. I am accessing it from the default CPG Main Menu.

So, nothing appears at all? Like, Blank screen nothing? Or do you get the Dragonfly blocks and headers? Were you able to install MediaWiki? Did it work "stand alone"? Did you rename the index.php and rename the "rename_index.php" included in the package?

madmikeuk wrote
Copy the .htaccess from the modules folder into another tempory folder. Then delete the one in /modules directory. That should let you install it there.

This is great info, thanks.

madmikeuk

Yeah, I did all that. I get all the layout (headers, footers, cpg main menu, user cp), but the box where it should be is empty.
EDIT: No problem about that. I am kinda used to web orginization.

Custom Linux Build (SuSE Branch), Kernel Version 2.6.16.18/Apache 1.3.34/MySQL 4.1.18-log/PHP 5.1.4/CPG-CMS Dragonfly 9.0.6.1 Stable
SaintPeter
Heavy poster

madmikeuk wrote
Yeah, I did all that. I get all the layout (headers, footers, cpg main menu, user cp), but the box where it should be is empty.

Ok, I'm guessing that you didn't get an error like this:
An Error Message wrote
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'windex.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\webpage\df\modules\MediaWiki\index.php on line 39

And also that you don't have your errors disabled.

Add this to the begining of your index.php (line 23 or so):
error_reporting(E_ALL);

That will turn on all the error messages and make lots of noise if something is going on silently.

Were you able to make MediaWiki work correctly outside of Dragonfly?
What version of MediaWiki are you using? 1.6.x or 1.7.x?

madmikeuk

MediaWiki 1.7.x Branch.

madmikeuk

Right, now it seems to be fixed (turned out to be a problem with case-sensetivity). but I open the wiki, and the layout is all over the place! Also, I have the following announced PHP errors:
* Warning line 33: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice modules/MediaWiki/languages/Language.php * Warning line 1221: include_once(LanguageEn.deps.php) [function.include-once]: failed to op en stream: No such file or directory * Warning line 1221: include_once () [function.include]: Failed opening ' LanguageEn.deps.php' for inclusion (include_path='/data/web/virtuals/mikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmphc an/modules/MediaWiki:/data/web/virtuals/mikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmphclan/modules/Media Wiki/includes:/data/web/virtuals/m ikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmp hclan/modules/MediaWiki/languages:.:/usr/local/lib/php') modules/MediaWiki/includes/Skin.php * Warning line 121: Skin::include_once(/data/web/virtuals/mikespage.co.uk/www/sa smphclan/modules/MediaWiki/skins/Standard.deps.php) [function.Skin-includ e-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory * Warning line 121: Skin::include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/data/web/virtuals/mikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmphclan/mod ules/MediaWiki/skins/Standard.deps.php' for inclusion (include_path='/data/web/vi rtuals/mikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmphcl an/mod ules/MediaWiki:/data/web/v irtuals/mikes-page.co.uk/www/sasmphcla n/ modules/MediaWiki/includ es:/data/web/virtuals/mikes-page.co. uk/www/sasmphclan/modu les/MediaWiki/languages:.:/usr/loc al/lib/php') blocks/block-Languages.php * CMS Warning line 24: Multilingual is off
Any help here?
EDIT: Made Those Changes As requested.

Last edited by madmikeuk on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total