Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Points Module :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch ModeratorsModerators
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ Points Module Revive this topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
sarah
Debugger

The problem is what features are required. I used to have the phpbb points hack, but I didn't use the feature to increment points for making posts, points were only awarded by mods.

To automatically increment the points when the user makes posts will require some degree of hacking the core (unless you cron a file) which I prefer not to with all these updates. But it would be a simpler thing to make a points field, and have a module with one admin interface to edit the points and one user interface to look at the points.

sarah's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1
Chief

sarah wrote
The problem is what features are required. I used to have the phpbb points hack, but I didn't use the feature to increment points for making posts, points were only awarded by mods.

To automatically increment the points when the user makes posts will require some degree of hacking the core (unless you cron a file) which I prefer not to with all these updates. But it would be a simpler thing to make a points field, and have a module with one admin interface to edit the points and one user interface to look at the points.

That is exactly the type of thing I am looking for myself. Guess I will keep on looking.

Chief's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
CentOS/1.3.34/4.0.25/4.4.1/9.0.6.1
BrokenCrust
500+ Posts Club

I'm looking at making something like this (a credits system) based on Spacebars Karma system, with a column in _users for the credits and a module to control stuff, display how it works to folks, and log who is crediting and debiting. All credits would be through a url so it would be easy enough to add that in forums and other modules as required (even if you wanted people credited for posting, which IMO is pretty dubious). I'd like an icon that could be placed throughout the site to allow credits to be given easily (+1 +2 -2 -1 sort of layout).

Happy to hear peoples ideas and have a discussion on this.

BrokenCrust please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢
sarah
Debugger

Chief wrote
sarah wrote

That is exactly the type of thing I am looking for myself. Guess I will keep on looking.

Chief, the former or latter? In the interim I've made a simple one that does:

1. Admin interface to add the points
2. User is automatically PMed that they have points
3. Optionally you can show a page that shows everyone who got points and the reason (or if you'd rather you can keep that admin only

What it does not do: Automatically increment points in any way shape or form. They are only added manually by admins of the Points module.

You can look at mine: www.diagonally.org/Points.html

You can have it if it might suit your needs, but let me know what block you would want. (Top 10 Points Earners or something like that?) I have a block but it's meaningless for most sites, I'm sure you'll see the reason Razz

Maerwen

That looks like just what I need, I am going to PM you to see if you would be interested in sharing! not worthy

Maerwen's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
(Server OS / Apache / MySQL45 / PHP 4)
sarah
Debugger

Here is the very simple points module.

To reiterate again, it is not like the phpBB points mod or cash mod. It will not automatically increment points, ever, for any reason. The only way for a user to get points is for someone who has admin capabilities of this module to add points. It sends the user a PM that they have gotten points, and the reason. It also can display a simple log of the points, reasons, given by, date given, but only if you enable it in admin > modules. You can also hide the log if you prefer.

It's not lang enabled whatsoever, sorry. But if anyone wants do do that, go for it. I only needed English so I only put English.

I also did not add any blocks or Your_Account blocks, for the reason that the ones I'm using are useless to just about everyone. If you have requests for blocks, reply and I can make them.

Lastly, if you install this module and want to test it a little, be advised that it sends a PM! Only give test points to yourself or staff so that you don't have random users saying, "Hey I thought I got points why are they deleted?"

Installation: upload the contents of modules/Points to modules/Points. Go to admin > modules and install.

Any problems let me know.

Last edited by sarah on Mon May 21, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
Maerwen

Thanks a ton Sarah! I am sure some of us will be able to put this to good use!!! Applause

Maerwen's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
(Server OS / Apache / MySQL45 / PHP 4)
piraja
Nice poster

Hello,

I did it: "Installation: upload the contents of modules/Points to modules/Points. Go to admin > modules and install."

But when I tried to give some points to stuff for a test, I got an answer:
A database error has occurred
The webmaster has been notified of the error

piraja's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Linux / 2.0 / 5.0.67 / 5.2.6 / 9.2.1
sarah
Debugger

Turn on admin > main settings > debug > show database queries and then when you try to install what are the db errors that occur at the bottom of the page?

piraja
Nice poster

modules/Points/index.php

* LINE 36: SELECT * FROM cms_points WHERE 1 ORDER BY id DESC

sarah
Debugger

Apologies piraja, there's a query in there I think doesn't work with MySQL 4.0x I am updating the attachment now or you can manually find line 34 in modules/Points/index.php and find:

$sql = 'SELECT * FROM '.$prefix.'_points WHERE 1 ORDER BY id DESC';

replace with

$sql = 'SELECT * FROM '.$prefix.'_points ORDER BY id DESC';

EDIT: Attachment updated.

sarah
Debugger

And again: I'm not even sure how I managed this, but I totally forgot 1 field in the installer! Doh. Thx to Piraja for pointing it out. Fixed in the zip now.

How did I do that?

piraja
Nice poster

Thank you Sarah, now its working! Super!

sarah
Debugger

Thank you for excellent error reporting! Hopefully now everyone can use it regardless of MySQL version or the bug that I made earlier in the installer. Smile

earth
Heavy poster

Greetings Sarah, I am looking forward to trying out this module!

Had small issue with installer failing on 9.1.1 RC.

CMS Warning line 75: On /admin.php?op=modules&install=Points While executing query "CREATE TABLE cms_points ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '', username varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', points mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0', reason text NOT NULL, fromuser_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '', fromusername varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', postedtime varchar(25) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" the following error occured: Invalid default value for 'user_id' In: ....includes/classes/installer.php on line: 61

I started to try and change values to see if that would work to no avail...any suggestions?

earth's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/