General ⇒ DCVS Info (Mercurial/CVS) ⇒ 9.2.3.x ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch ModeratorsModerators
Forum IndexDCVS Info (Mercurial/CVS)

9.2.3.x Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3 Next
NanoCaiordo
Developer

Download from here and post your comments below Smile

Main difference from the previous version is that I'm rolling back the 3th Jan 2010 changes: "forcing the default theme for admin pages"

Consider this as a release candidate, how ever when most of my to do list will be accomplished the final RCs will come out.

Linux 64bit / Apache 2.2 / PHP 5.4.9 / MySQL 5.5.22 / v9, v10
Linux 32bit / Apache 2.2 / PHP 5.3.19 / MySQL 5.5.22 / v9, v10
Windows 64bit / IIS 7.5 / PHP 5.3.19 / MySQL 5.5.22 / v9, v10

NanoCaiordo's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
mixed

Last edited by NanoCaiordo on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
greenday2k
Forum Admin

Awesome news, Thanks.

After years of using Dragon Fly, i'm still convinced that is an advanced, flexible and powerful CMS. The template system is great (the limit: the designer).

The main "problem" is the lack of graphic designers in the commun
ity to make it eye candy, visual appealing, dragon fly looks "old", like phpnuke 6 with collapsible blocks, but its code is so powerful. Well coded and secure *cof *cof *cof word press & co -the godaddy fiasco- cof cof (web 2.0 alike scripts).

Again, thanks.

greenday2k's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Eestlane
I18N / L10N Lead Dev

Is nice Smile

If I understand correctly this changelist (Current) shows pretty well the changes between 9.2.1 and maintenance release 9.2.3.1 dragonflycms.org/Chang...sion=df91/

Eestlane's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
-
NanoCaiordo
Developer

@greenday2k ... you got it!

@Eestlane: the changelog comes from our bug reporting module (notice the same titles) this is why we always been pushing the use of the project module instead of forums Wink

mixed
Eestlane
I18N / L10N Lead Dev

Thought so, yes Smile

Maybe it's a good link to put in the download description (or copy it there).

Eestlane's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
-
earth
Heavy poster

Nano and all the DF team, Thank you so much, as not saying it was the only thing that drove me nuts a few times on hosting providers with suhosin on and not being able to move and adjust the blocks and it was such a relief to see the new block admin panel and how sweet it tis.

There was one issue on the upgrade and the admin panel was missing the main category, it was a test site and did fresh install, that was smooth as can be and so very fast, in comparision to some other installers!

So as of this posting uploading the files to dfaddons.com live and going to attempt the upgrade there and see how it goes, as not certain if all the files had finished uploading before running the installer. Will report back later on and give a little more feedback.

earth's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/
earth
Heavy poster

NanoCaiordo wrote

Main difference from the previous version is that I'm rolling back the 3th Jan 2010 changes: "forcing the default theme for admin pages"

Consider this as a release candidate, how ever when most of my to do list will be accomplished the final RCs will come out.

was not sure how to fill out bug report and if this is where should start or not.

Error repeated on upgrade, missing admin panel system options links, attached gui pic!

earth
Heavy poster

OK, not sure why, fix was logout as admin and log back in and once again, abracadabra!

Rusty_
Nice poster

NanoCaiordo wrote

I tried this download, it still forces admin to the default theme, it fixes the block issues I have had with 9.2.1 but I'm not sure if I like the idea of forcing the admin area to the default theme.(especially one as boxy as the current one)

Having been faithful to Dragonfly aka cpgnuke since the time it parted ways with phpnuke I do agree with some of what Kendle has said.

Kendle wrote

Personally I think DF has bigger issues than the availability of add-on's, like basic design for instance. The biggest favour the DF Devs could do themselves is ask Eestlane to use reDesign3 as the standard theme and use it on this site. I'd suggest you do the same for ****.com because at the moment it looks like a throwback to the bad old days when everyone used *Nuke.

The DF community as shrunk over the years and I am worried that I may have to look elsewhere for an alternative which is a shame because I do believe in the product.

Cheers

Rusty_'s server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
Linux / 2.2.6 / 5.0.45 / 5.2.4 / Dragonfly (9.2.1)
earth
Heavy poster

Rusty_ wrote
NanoCaiordo wrote

I tried this download, it still forces admin to the default theme, it fixes the block issues I have had with 9.2.1 but I'm not sure if I like the idea of forcing the admin area to the default theme.(especially one as boxy as the current one)

Having been faithful to Dragonfly aka cpgnuke since the time it parted ways with phpnuke I do agree with some of what Kendle has said.

Kendle wrote

Personally I think DF has bigger issues than the availability of add-on's, like basic design for instance. The biggest favour the DF Devs could do themselves is ask Eestlane to use reDesign3 as the standard theme and use it on this site. I'd suggest you do the same for ****.com because at the moment it looks like a throwback to the bad old days when everyone used *Nuke.

The DF community as shrunk over the years and I am worried that I may have to look elsewhere for an alternative which is a shame because I do believe in the product.

Cheers
rusty, hearing ya on the admin theme default being the only one, the work around is simple, for now and that is, untested mind you, and presumably it would work, is somthing maybe like this>

Try to Rename the default theme to something else for now and then change the name of the theme you want for admin panel.

There may be a few files or lines of codes here and there from the default theme, that would need to copied over, have not compared.

Do you have win merge? If so run it on the two versions of default themes and compare, if it is not obvious, be glad to help you with some solutions and if you tell me what theme you prefer, and you need help modding it, let me know!

hang in there, I have tried several others and they all have the pros and cons, and df has a few advantages in certain areas, as a smaller community may have resulted from the blocks not working with suhosin on, in part and if you just worried about the admin panel, sounds simple to work around and an admin theme selector does not sound to impossible to add either!

InspectorClueNo
Heavy poster

Rusty_ wrote
it still forces admin to the default theme
Weird, it works for me, is anyone else testing this?

InspectorClueNo's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
none available
Rusty_
Nice poster

InspectorClueNo wrote
Rusty_ wrote
it still forces admin to the default theme
Weird, it works for me, is anyone else testing this?

I just did another fresh install and it's still holds the default theme in the admin area.

It flicks back and forth in the admin area with modules like iptracker

rusty, hearing ya on the admin theme default being the only one, the work around is simple, for now and that is, untested mind you, and presumably it would work, is somthing maybe like this>

Try to Rename the default theme to something else for now and then change the name of the theme you want for admin panel.

I'd prefer not too thanks earth, I'd like to see it running seamless out of the box.
I'm looking at this from a new users angle, I think it will be seen a confusing to a newbie with the theme flicking back and forth. Or when you change the theme in the main settings area, nothing appears to happen.

NanoCaiordo
Developer

Have you downloaded a fresh copy?

mixed
earth
Heavy poster

not I, ...not yet... thanks Nano

Rusty_
Nice poster

NanoCaiordo wrote
Have you downloaded a fresh copy?

Yes, I have the fresh copy from your thread when you did the rollback thanks June 6th I think