Wiki ⇒ Rules & Regulations ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
⇒ Rules & Regulations
Upgrading or Switching
Dragonfly public view
Build local server
Tips and Tricks
Rules & Regulations
v9 Developer's Manual
v10 Developer's manual
Rules & Regulations
Includes server specs
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at DragonflyCMS.org. Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive and agreed by team and group members.
- Forum rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
Trolling disturbs and corrupts our intended friendly, pleasant community environment. It is neither welcome nor tolerated here and will be dealt with harshly by immediate suspension.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderators Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Members who consistently "act" as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting profanity, pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Getting an TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup", etc.
- Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- Members are asked to not post topics or replies containing information which may detail a security vulnerability in DragonflyCMS. If you believe you have found a hole or other issue please contact security AT cpgnuke DOT com. NOTE that this address is not to be used for general support questions. If you do email this address for a support issue do not expect a reply.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- The forums are not for reporting Bugs & Requests - the Projects module is the only accepted system for this purpose and is expected to be used.
By using correct reporting systems, you greatly improve development of DragonflyCMS and ensure the best chance of resolution.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KB in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
- Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Dragonfly CMS material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive or illegal sites will be removed, and the user warned.
- Animations aren't allowed in any way like: marquee, flash and images.
- Server spec images shall not exceed 20px high, 400px wide and 2kb in size. Please remember, we request this information to assist in problem solving so, if you use an image, it MUST be easily viewable - illegible eye candy is pointless.
Further info available here.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6KB in file size and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- Support of Dragonfly CMS product
- DragonflyCMS.org exists to support DragonflyCMS's as made available for download on this site. No support will be given for versions of DragonflyCMS released or made available from other sites. This includes but is not limited to; mirrors, modded boards, modularized DragonflyCMS components, etc. Users of these boards should seek support at the site from where they obtained the package.
- Similarly no support is given to versions of DragonflyCMS obtained via CVS.
- Members who have others install their forum for them should firstly direct support requests to that person/company. DragonflyCMS is designed to be easily installed and members are strongly encouraged to install the software themselves. Support is available for specific questions on installation.
- Likewise the support forums are not to be used to ask questions on MySQL, Apache, Linux, etc. Questions regarding the applications Dragonfly CMS requires should be directed to the support site of the relevant software.
- Support is offered only via these forums. Do not contact team members privately (via any method) to ask for support. Users found to be contacting team members asking for support will be warned.
- Before posting a support question users are asked to try and solve the issue themselves. This includes reading the documentation enclosed with DragonflyCMS (INSTALL.txt) and using Search for the forums and Search for the WIKI. Users who persistently ask questions without showing any desire to help themselves should expect to receive at best a delayed response and at worst no response at all.
- When posting a support question bumping is permitted only after twelve hours have elapsed since the last post to that topic. Users who abuse this will be warned.
- Members should note this software and board are maintained on a voluntary basis. No team member receives payment of any kind for time spent here. Users should therefore not post demanding support, bug fixes, etc. Users who disrespect the work of team members will be warned.
- You are working with freeware so if you use the software to raise money from it, then you will not get support unless you donate a fair amount of money to the authors by using the paypal links. Of course you may contact a developer personal and ask if he wants to do custom programming.
- Members are requested to retain the full copyright as shown in the footer of every page "Interactive software released under GNU GPL 2, Code Credits". If for good reason this message cannot be displayed we request at least the "credits" link be retained ... said message should be plainly visible and not hidden in the background color, etc..
- Members who remove (or fail to display on their own template) this message will receive no support here. Users found adding copyrights back for a short period and then removing them after obtaining support will find that future aid will not be given. Members who remove credits will be issued a "credit violators rank - (IMAGE), to alert all members of the violation. Rank removed when credits returned.
- Members who are requesting support are asked to include the url to their DragonflyCMS site (or the DF Site needing support) in their profile ("WWW" or Signature). If they do not wish to publicly display the link to their DragonflyCMS, they may private message a staff member with the url and it will be kept private. Members with an offline DragonflyCMS are given 30 days (from the time of a posted request for support) to provide this information. Additional time is granted at the discretion of an Administrator. Members who refuse to provide this information may find support is not given and post subject to removal at the discretion of an Administrator.
- Support of Mods, themes, etc. and linking off-site
- If the author of a Mod, theme, etc. maintains their own support board (or uses someone elses board) they may direct users to a specific forum or topic on that board. Alternatively authors may maintain a topic here at dragonflycms.org in the appropriate forum) for each item they produce, directing users to that topic where appropriate. Such topics are intended for support only and not for advertising the availability of other items.
- Linking to 3rd party sites containing DragonflyCMS software, support, Mods, themes, etc. is subject to the following conditions. Members may direct users to localised support boards where it is obvious said user cannot speak English (the language of this board). Members may direct users to specific items on 3rd party sites which are not carried here at DragonflyCMS.org e.g. Mods, images, themes, etc. Please note that DragonflyCMS.org offer no support for software and other items downloaded from 3rd party sites. If members have trouble with such software they should contact the relevant author.
- Members who maintain localized (non-English) DragonflyCMS support forums may be allowed a link within the Support section of this site. Members should contact the website team leader to propose their site.
- General linking to a site (rather than specific forum, topic or item) even to "offer" Mods, etc. not available here will be deemed equivalent to spamming and the user will be warned.
- DragonflyCMS operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning. If you feel their decision is also unfair you may contact a Group member, primarily DJMaze or Akamu. Their decision is final. Contacting group members over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... group members do not want to be bothered unless vital.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While DragonflyCMS may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
Created: Saturday, May 07, 2005 (21:56:33) by DJMaze
Updated: Monday, November 07, 2011 (03:57:41) by Phoenix