Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ IIS Specific Issues :: Archives ⇒ The connection to the database server failed :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexIIS Specific Issues

Archived ⇒ The connection to the database server failed

I know there is another topic about the same thing, but the suggestions there did not help...

I am trying to set Dragonfly up on a Server 2003 box with IIS6, MySQL5, with PHP 4.3.0, and Dragonfly 9.0.6.1/9.0.6.0...

I have IIS pointed to the html directory, the PHP4iaspi.dll is doing what it's supposed to, I made a database called "Dragonfly" with MySQLadmin.exe, I double checked the config.php to make sure it had the right SQL server and database set up, but every time I try to pull up install.php, index.php, etc. it gives me: "Error, The connection to the database server failed, sorry for the inconvenience. We should be back shortly"...

The whole setup just seems too simple... I feel like I'm leaving something out, and there is something else needed to connect it to the database, but when I look at the install instructions, it pretty much says "Make a database, make sure your config.php has that database, connect to install.php and configure"... and that's not happening for me... I have tried both 9.0.6.1 and 9.0.6.0 with the same results on both...

Are there any version conflicts I am not aware of? I had an issue similar with phpBB software until I found out the correct versions of everything to use, and then it "clicked" together and worked... from what I see about Dragonfly, it should work with what I have...

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Server 2003 / IIS6 / MySQL 5 / PHP 4 / Dragonfly 9

Technically MySQL 5+ is not suggested with Dragonfly 9.0.6.1. You could try the latest version of Dragonfly from CVS. The developers have worked on it to get it to work correctly with MySQL 5+.

Win, Linux/1.3.34/4.0.26, 5.0.19/4.3.10, 5.1.2, 8.1.4(PostgresSQL)/9.0.6.1, CVS

Thank you! That at least gets me to the install page... now it just can't connect with the user name and password I've given it, even though it's the same username and password I used when installing mysql and when creating the database...

Server 2003 / IIS6 / MySQL 5 / PHP 4 / Dragonfly 9

You might want to try creating a test PHP script that connects to your MySQL server and prints some test data to make sure PHP can connect and query properly. The MySQL information page at www.php.net should get you started creating a script to do this.

Win, Linux/1.3.34/4.0.26, 5.0.19/4.3.10, 5.1.2, 8.1.4(PostgresSQL)/9.0.6.1, CVS