Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ Editing Quota Settings for Usergroups :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ Editing Quota Settings for Usergroups

I have a few usergroups set up on my site, and I would like to give perks to some of my groups (like club members, staff and sponsors). I would like to give certain groups higher attachment upload quotas as well as higher pm limits. I haven't been able to check anything that will allow me to give higher pm limits. As far as I can see, there are two separate instances:
Forum Administration> Attachments> Group Quota
There is an upload quota and PM quota there with drop down menus. The PM quota uses the same list as the upload quota, even though the place where you set up the list (admin.php?op=Forums&do=attachments&mode=quota) has nothing to do with pm's.

Then there is Forum> Configuration
and there are settings for Private Messaging there as well. Numerical settings. For everyone.

I just don't understand how I can have different settings for different groups when it comes to pm's.

As far as attachment quotas... are those quotas applied to each person in a group, or to the group overall? Thanks.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/ 4.0.25-standard (client: 4.0.27)/5.2.6/9.2.1

the PM quota refers to the ammount of spaced alloted for attachments within PMs, not a quota on the ammount of PMs allowed per group

Debian Linux/apache 1.3/4.0.23_Debian-1-log/4.3.10-2/9.0.6.1

Oh, alright, thanks!

I thought I had read somewhere that this had been disabled (although I see the options there). Is there a way to have different PM quotas for different usergroups?

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/ 4.0.25-standard (client: 4.0.27)/5.2.6/9.2.1

Many thanks for telling us where to create quotas, but where do you assign them to individual groups?

What is the point is creating quotas you cannot assign?

I think dragonfly has missed some phpbb functionality, or not provided a menu item to it.

Fedora 6 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 / Apache 2.2.3-5 / MySQL 5.0.22 / PHP 5.1.6 / CPG Nuke 9.0.6.1