Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ Upgrading from phpnuke 7.8 to Dragonfly 9.0.6.1 :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Upgrading from phpnuke 7.8 to Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

Raed it would do you well to use the Forum Search feature before asking questions. At this stage with 9.0.6.1 just about every question you could imagine has already been asked/answered. All you have to do is search. You'll find that making people help themselves first here is a recurring support demand. Wink Welcome to Dragonfly!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Hmmm, I guess I am slightly confused (nothing new there).

Fo example, I want the survey block to appear to the right side of the main news block.

Here is a website that is configured in the manner I am trying to achieve: shattereddawn.com/eq2/index.php

Now, when I go into blocks on my site (either one) and set the Surveys block to appear on the right side of the main page, it simply does not appear. When I set it to appear on the left side, it does appear.

Shouldn't the adminsitartion screen for Blocks as shown in the image below achieve that positioning?

ScreenShot Here

W2K3, IIS6, 4.1.13a, 5.0.4, 9.0.6.1

Here is a screenshot of the block configuration

ScreenShot

I meant Modules configuration in the previous post.

You have right blocks enabled for the Surveys module, so when you are viewing the Surveys module, the right blocks will be shown. You have only left blocks enabled for News, so when you're viewing news it will only show blocks on the left of the News.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

Idea

A dim bulb casts a meager glow on the dark recesses my mind.

Thanks!

Arf, I've run into another issue (and I did search the forums for answers before posting djdevon!)

When trying to psot a news story, I get the following error:

modules\News\admin\index.inc * Warning line 38: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. includes\db\db.php * CMS Warning line 51: On /admin.php?op=News While executing query "INSERT INTO nuke_stories VALUES (NULL, '0', 'Raed', 'The Great Migration', 1144979095, '[align=center][img]http://www.dawntreaders.com/images/vindicate/ot1.gif[/img][/align]\r\n\r\n The great migration has been completed. We\'re now running on the Dragonfly CMS system. The old PHPNuke was just giving me too many funky problems. I\'ll keep working on a more EQish theme.', '', '0', '0', '2', 'Raed', '', '1', '', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '0')" the following error occured: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 In: C:\Inetpub\Dawntreaders\modules\News\admin\index.inc on line: 75

Well, by screwing around I found an acceptable solution. I built a clean db and restored the clean db's nuke_stories table.

I really didn't care about the news items, so I didn't loose anything of value. This is most likely not a solution for most people.

Your _stories table had a wrong number of columns... Were you using a modified or special version of Nuke? Or maybe it's a 7.8 thing. The Dragonfly installer works fine with 7.5 but maybe 7.8 has a different db structure. Some extra column? Hopefully just for News then and not a global thing.

Here's what the 21 columns from an original 9.0.6.1 _stories look like:

$installer->add_query('CREATE', 'stories', ' sid INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, catid INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, aid VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, title VARCHAR(80) default NULL, time INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '.gmtime().', hometext TEXT, bodytext TEXT NOT NULL, comments INT DEFAULT 0, counter MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED default NULL, topic TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, informant VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL, notes TEXT NOT NULL, ihome TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, alanguage VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, acomm TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, haspoll TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, poll_id INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, score INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, ratings INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, associated TEXT NOT NULL, display_order TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, PRIMARY KEY (sid), KEY catid (catid), KEY counter (counter), KEY topic (topic)', 'stories');

Linux/Apache/5.0.24/5/9.1 CVS