Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ PHPNuke to CPG Nuke :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ PHPNuke to CPG Nuke

I heard it was possible to transfer my PHPNuke Database to CPG Nuke. Anyone know where I can find this information?

All I want is my users and phpBB info.

Thanks in advance

PHPNuke Version - 7.5
CPG Nuke Version - soon to be 8.2c

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.18-standard/4.3.9/8.2c

Do a search of these forums for 'phpnuke' and you should find some topics that will help you. I did exactly this not too long ago.

Basically what I did was to back-up everything, then I did a complete install of cpgn 8.2, installing onto the same database, but with a different table prefix than my phpnuke tables (nuke_ vs cpg_).

Then I compared the corresponding relevant tables to make sure they had the same fields-- there were a couple fields I had to create along the way so that the structures matched. Then I went through and copied data only from each relevant nuke table to the corresponding cpg table. It worked!

Linux / Apache 1.3.31 / MySQL 4.0.20-log / PHP 4.3.10 / Dragonfly 9.0.1 Final

Posted on wrong post sorry Shocked

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.18-standard/4.3.9/8.2c

Yes, I have to say, the installer class is wonderfull. I just did an upgrade on a test site from 6.5 to 9.0CVS without any problems to speak of (one failed attempt due to a table/field mismatch).

As Nuance said, BACKUP YOUR DATABASE! If there are any errors (like table / field problems), restore your database, fix the errors and try again.

You may also want to copy your existing site to a test directory, make a copy of your database and 'test' the upgrade first before attempting it on a live site.

RHE Linux / 2.0.52 / 4.0.22 / 4.3.10 / 9.0.6.1-CVS

Also keep one thing in mind, there is no "rollback script" for you to go back to PHP-Nuke. I am saying this because I have seen people (not many) wanting to switch back to PHP-Nuke and everyone refuses to help them out.

Linux/1.3.33/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/Nuke Gangsta Edition

something tells me that person isn't gonna do a trial run and make sure to back up his original phpnuke dir and original php nuke database before he goes through the steps lol

IM USING RC1 SMOOTH CONVERSION TO CPG NUKE FROM PHP NUKE! Smile

WinXP/2.0.53/4.0.23/4.4.2/9.0.6.1

glad to hear it - we cannot stress too many times, if in any doubt, or if your site contains vital information, or is a production site, create a duplicate site and database and run a trial conversion.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
create a duplicate site and database and run a trial conversion.

i want to port from phpnuke to dragonfly and i want to test it and set it up right with theme and everything...

so...

is there any step by step docs on how to duplicate my database so i can set it up with a sub domain ?

if i culd do that i wuld have my nuke site running while i set up the dragonfly upgrade...

i already tryed to use the same database with my main site and the sub domain dragonfly upgrade, but that did not go so well...
the php nuke site did not work then and somehow the upgrade on the subdomain did not go so well either. The convertion went well, but when i loged in to admin.php i culd not do anything. i had to retype my login/pass everytime i clicked on an admin icon, and then i just came back to the admin meny...

linux /1.3.34 (Unix) / 4.1.22-standard /4.4.8 / 9.2.1

Are there realy no one who knows or is it just not possible to duplicate the db and have 2 sites (Main and sub)at the same time with 2 identical and seperated db... ?

You can certainly make a copy of a database and run two DF installs. You probably just didn't update the server path and cookie path in cms_config_custom. A forum search will bring up many topics about this.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

Thank you very much for that info. I did a search on "cms_config_custom" and found alot of info on how to change dir and site in cms_config_custom. This will be very usefull when i come to that point.

What i realy dont know how to do is to copy my database and run them seperatly. When i use the same db it will not work on my main phpnuke site after the conversion.

I exported the database in phpmyadmin and tryed to rename the file and then imported the same database. I just got an error that the database already exist. Sorry to be such a noob... Whistling

i dont get any hits When i search on copy database or copy db on the forums. Any ideas on how to do this ?

I eventually manage to figure it out by experimenting Smile

Step by step...

firs make a subdomain and copy the DF files to this dir.

* Exported the database in phpmyadmin.

* I then made a new database in "MySQL Account Maintenance" and added the same user to this db. Call it what you want.

* I clicked on the new db in phpmyadmin and clicked on SQL.

* Extract the exported db and open it in notepad. Then copy the entire text and past it in the "Run SQL query/queries on database" window.
This will create an identical database with another name.

* Update config.php and use the same prefix as used in main db.
If not i get message that installer did not find priviousli innstallations.

* Run install.php and follow instructons...

Hope this will help other newbies like me Smile