Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ Error posting news stories after upgrade from phpnuke 7.8 :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Error posting news stories after upgrade from phpnuke 7.8

This is the error message i get when i try to post news after upgrading from phpnuke 7.8 to latest Dragonfly.

includes/db/db.php

* CMS Warning line 51: On /admin.php?op=News While executing query "INSERT INTO nuke_stories VALUES (NULL, '0', 'terje', 'test', 1146502306, 'test', 'testestestgetstgeste', '0', '0', '2', 'terje', '', '0', '', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '2', '0')" the following error occured: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 In: public_html/modules/News/admin/index.inc on line: 75

I am a total noob when it comes to php and phpadmin. I dont know what this column poll_id is, but i went in my db and found 5 tables with the word poll:

#
_pollcomments
_pollcomments_moderated
_poll_check
_poll_data
_poll_desc

Every table had a poll_id in the row inside.
i deleted every table one by one and cheked if it worked to post story without any luck.

Can someone please give me a tip on how i can fix this?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
linux /1.3.34 (Unix) / 4.1.22-standard /4.4.8 / 9.2.1

Deleteing the tables was a bad Idea. You just removed the posibility to add surveys.

The issue was in this statement:
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

The number of items trying to be inserted into the table "nuke_stories" was either too small or too many. You need to figure this out. Also, I feel that submit surveys with news postings has been cover once and fixed. Please provide the DF version in your signature.

- MusOX

../musox.com
Hosted by: Site5.com

Linux / 1.3.39 / 4.1.22 / 4.4.7 / 9.2.1

I forgot to make a backup of the db after i upgraded, so i had to restore the old db and run install.php to get my db back again Razz
DB is ok now after i deleted tables, but i still cant figure this out. I did search the forum and culd not find any other post on this problem.

even if i try to post a bigger news tekst, it will give me the same error.

since i dont know what to do now (totaly noob) i am depending on someone who can describe to me what i must do so i understand.

is it possible to bypass this problem by installing another news module?

I think i have done well to get to this point in the convert proses and it have bean easy to figure out what to do with all the posts in here (even for me). But when it comes to the point when its not so strait forward any more, i stumble and fall and dont know how to get up and walk again :p
Its sad if i must go back to phpnuke after digging in to the world of Dragonfly. I just love it more and more... Smile

I'm not sure what is needed, but I can think of a workaround.

I'm guessing you are trying to post a news story AND a survey at the same time.

<workaround>
  • Generate your survey via the admin directly. Take note of the survey number
  • Generate your news article without your survey. Take note of the news number
  • use phpMyAdmin and enter the following code
UPDATE cms_stories SET poll_id = '1' WHERE sid = '1' LIMIT 1

Be sure that the poll_id (your survey) and sid (news story) are correct. I'm just guessing they are both "1" since you have a new db.
</workaround>

- MusOX

../musox.com
Hosted by: Site5.com

Linux / 1.3.39 / 4.1.22 / 4.4.7 / 9.2.1

Thank you very very much for your responce. 😄

I have tryed to figured out how i can do what you suggested. I actually dont know how to do this workaround. Sorry... Rolling Eyes

i also suspekt that there is a missunderstanding about what i have problems with. i dont want to use the survey and spesially not with the posting of news.

i thougt mayby it was a conflict with the survay module since u mentioned survey, and i disabled and uninstalled the survey module. But that did not help me to post news...

I think i will just install a clean install of dragonfly and send a mail to all users to reregister if i dont get this to work...its a bit work, but i can repost all news again Neutral

Dantien,

I had exactly the same problem on conversion to Dragonfly from phpnuke. My solution was to backup and then delete two tables, stories and stories_cat, using phpmyadmin.

I then imported the two tables (that were empty) from a backup of the minimal installation (the first intallation made using install.php). I carried out a test posting with the new tables to make sure that I could post properly.

Wonderful it worked Dancing

Using the version of my website that is online and a backup copy running on a local server (Uniform server) on my computer I was able to copy the old stories from the local server version and paste them into the version online, with the new tables. I was able to do this fairly quickly as both versions were running at the same time.

I now have my old stories online and I can add stories without any problem. Cool

WinXP/2.0.55/5.0.17/5.1.1/9.0.6.1

i manage to delete the two tables as you described, but i dont know how to import only tables in to the db.

i also dont know how to get the backup of the minimal installation. I just use the db that install.php created. wuldnt that be to delete and add the same tables i deleted ?

anyway... thanks for the info. Smile

My solution to this problem was as follow:

I created a duplicate db and used a subdomain.
I then copied all news from the main domain in to the new subdomain dragonfly site.
I then sent a message to all users to re register and apoligized for the troble.
I then deleted all phpnuke files and moved every files from the subdomain to the main html folder.

Everything works greate, but i lost all post on the forums and user must reregister. but the most important thing was all my articles. i had to edit all articles anyway since there is many strange letters after converting the database.
I realy dont think there is any easy way to convert from phpnuke. But now finaly i am using dragonfly Smile