Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ Can you using "other" Mods with Dragonfly? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ Can you using "other" Mods with Dragonfly?

Hi,

I currently use phpnuke and am interested in installing Dragonfly and migrating all my stuff over, I just wondered the following:

1) Can you install other bbtonuke mods into Dragonfly or can you only use dragonfly mods? Also the same with normal phpnuke mods

2) If you install Dragonfly mods can you change themes after (something you couldn't really do with phpnuke)

Thats it for now! Thanks in advance.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows / 4.22 / 5.0.1.8 / 5.1.2 / 9.0.6.1

Hello, 😄

I don't know what you're intending to use Dragonfly for, but I can tell you I been a happy user for three years now. Been active only lately here... Razz Well, to answer your questions:

-1- No. Those would have to be ported. What I know is that quite a few nuke modules have been ported already, those can be either found on this site, either on other Dragonfly sites. Please have a look in the block titled X-links to the bottom left.

-2- Yes. Very Happy You can install multiple themes on a Dragonfly site. You can even allow each site visitor can select the theme he or she pleases most. From what I know about the theme designers here, they're very helpful and eager to ensure you their theme works fine. If you may bump into any trouble, they be more than willing to help you out.

Hope this suffices.

Linux/Apache/4.1/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

Thanks for the reply.

I am talking bbtonuke mods, on my phpnuke site I have a lot of things like blackjack, arcade module etc installed that I wouldnt want to loose.

With the theme part I thought when adding mods you had to add code to the theme templates which makes a highly modded site almost impossible to retheme?

I don't know much about nuke itself, but I do know that there are like one or two good arcade modules out here for DF. About 150 arcade games if I aint mistaken.

About mods...I assume you mean "modding" a site and not modules, right? *looking helplessly at the theme designers now* Whistling

Linux/Apache/4.1/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

Yes sorry mods not modules

thekingster wrote
Thanks for the reply.

I am talking bbtonuke mods, on my phpnuke site I have a lot of things like blackjack, arcade module etc installed that I wouldnt want to loose.

With the theme part I thought when adding mods you had to add code to the theme templates which makes a highly modded site almost impossible to retheme?

As far as I know, there is DF_Arcade already for DF, I dont know if that's what you are looking for.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1