Support ⇒ Downloads Pro :: Archives ⇒ Downloads Pro news: beta 3, reduced shareware price :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Downloads Pro ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Downloads Pro news: beta 3, reduced shareware price

Go to page 1, 2, 3 Next

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've had news about Downloads Pro but tonight I bring good news.

Downloads Pro beta 3 (v3.0.0.8) released
I'm very pleased to announce the release of Downloads Pro beta 3! Beta 2 was released in December, so this release is long-overdue. This website has been running the latest CVS of the module for several months now, and you may have noticed the public mirror submission system. This is a core feature of beta 3, as well as the beginnings of l10n-compatibility. The module will be fully compatible with l10n standards very soon, at which point Downloads Pro final will be released.
Download Now!

Price of shareware license reduced
The price of the shareware license has been reduced to $40. Benefits of the shareware license include:
  • priority technical support and service
  • ability to promote and or sell commercial/shareware products through the module
  • authorization to remove the output of copyright notices (but you may NOT remove credits from the source files)
Purchase the shareware license

Call for suggestions!
I am very interested to hear what you guys want in this module. Please drop your suggestions in this thread. Thanks!

As always, report bugs here and I will do my best to fix them.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / 1.3.34 / 4.1.18 / 4.4.2 / CVS

Trevor, it is good to see Downloads pro available again. I had been seeking a downloads system like this for my website, this is simply the best I could find.

There are a few features I would like to see.
A facility to list rated files, Top 10 rated files, latest ratings
An ability to search the custom fields.
An optional thumbnail in the downloads list in place of the default downloads icon.
Also an ability to create Top 10 lists by category.

Thanks for a cool system

Linux, Apache 2.0, SQL 5.0.86-log (client: 4.1.22), PHP 5.2.11 DF 9.2.1

Works good for me. Didn't notice much of anything different though. I take it the anti-leach actually works this time. I grew tired of having 600 downloads and only 300 page views. Evil or Very Mad

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

djdevon3 wrote
Works good for me. Didn't notice much of anything different though. I take it the anti-leach actually works this time. I grew tired of having 600 downloads and only 300 page views. Evil or Very Mad

I don't believe there were any changes to the anti-leech system. Has it not been working for you?

Gamekeeper wrote
There are a few features I would like to see.
A facility to list rated files, Top 10 rated files, latest ratings
An ability to search the custom fields.
An optional thumbnail in the downloads list in place of the default downloads icon.
Also an ability to create Top 10 lists by category.

Hi thank you for your comments. With your suggestions, I see an advanced search system in the future, that would allow you to search any or all download fields. This would be extended to search by date as well.

Last night I was toying around with the module to add a thumbnail in the category view listing downloads. I wasn't happy with how it looked but I'll tweak it further and it may end up in the next release Wink

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll consider the others.

Gamekeeper wrote

There's a hack on these forums about it already, maybe search for my name cos i think i have replied.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Check out this page for an example of screenshot thumbnails in category view. The feature has been added to the CVS.

Trevor wrote
Check out this page for an example of screenshot thumbnails in category view. The feature has been added to the CVS.

Trevor, might I suggest making this on the right side similar to the left side "Download" icon. Meaning in a different column than that of the notes. It can be coded to write the extra cell if thumbnails on the list page is on or not write the extra cell if thumbnails are off.

Linux | 1.3.37 | 4.1.22-standard | 4.4.4 | Dragonfly CVS

Looks very cool, nice addition Trevor Smile

Pretzy's Place Pertzel Family Tree History Genealogy
Riverlife Church Henty

XP_Apache 2.2.2_MySQL 5.0.21_PHP 5.1.4_CPGNuke 9.1.1

Kristin wrote
Trevor wrote

Trevor, might I suggest making this on the right side similar to the left side "Download" icon. Meaning in a different column than that of the notes. It can be coded to write the extra cell if thumbnails on the list page is on or not write the extra cell if thumbnails are off.

Take a look now Smile I changed your idea a bit.

Is that a CVS change or a DF.org change? Because mine looks like this coddepot.com/Downloads/c=38.html

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

At the moment it's a change on this site only. It will be committed to the CVS later this evening.

awesome, I like the newer look better. Very Happy Thanks again!!

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Nice Trevor!

Linux | 1.3.37 | 4.1.22-standard | 4.4.4 | Dragonfly CVS

Trevor wrote

Hi thank you for your comments. With your suggestions, I see an advanced search system in the future, that would allow you to search any or all download fields. This would be extended to search by date as well.

I would suggest to add search operators as:
AND, NOT, OR and *, ?, ... to specify the search results in vast download archives

Absolute Cool module, thanks for the great work!

Linux/Apache/MySQL 5.0.45/PHP 5.2.2/DF 9.2.1