Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ Trouble with Dragonfly :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Trouble with Dragonfly

Just installed Dragonfly. I made the Admin login with the admin.php. Tried to login, and it won't let me. Says Access Denied. What do I do? I'm baffled out of my mind.

www.astrosworld.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Unix / 1.3.34 / MySQL 5.0.19 /PHP 4.4.2/DF 9.1.0.8 CVS

If I use a incorrect user name, or password is refreshes..only access denied if i put the correct information in

Ok heres the time line

Installed Dragonfly

did config.php and admin login wouldn't work

deleted off server, put previous phpnuke back on, the put dragon fly over that for the 2nd time

I go to config.php this time and it says -- "Access to the URL that you requested, /config.php, is forbidden."

Someone please help..what's next?

Ok since I can't get help with that. What if I completely clean my server out. nothing on it. Can I start like that and put dragonfly on it?

You're not supposed to access config.php directly, so it's working as designed - I have no idea why you would want to anyway.

Your original "Access Denied" was possibly due to you needing to clear your browser cookies after the install.

You really do need to make use of forum search, FAQ and Wiki - one way or another, most of your issues will have been dealt with before, many times over. I appreciate it's not easy when you're new to it all, but your best and fastest friend really is search. At first it is slow, but you get the hang of it after a while. When you're really stuck, the folks here kick in.

e.g. dragonflycms.org/Forum...enied.html
You may also find better help from people who have gone down the same path as you.

btw, you need to show your Dragonfly version in your specs so people know which beast they're dealing with (9.1.0.8 I think).

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix I have been doing this all day. Five people have tried to help me. I've even let others get on the server and try them selves. I'm losing it. I deleted my httpdocs, put a fresh new 9.1.0.8 version in the httpdocs. That's my update.

Sad

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!

I'm in the admin login. Need to figure out how to take it out of Maintence mode. I'll keep you up to date.

Laughing well done - maintenance mode is covered in FAQ if you can't remove through your admin settings.

Yep I got it thanks. Now I'm in the process of adding my own MLB Logos as avatars....So my members can use them as well. I'll use the search engine. If you have a direct link as well I'd appreciate it. Thanks

What you have is a new install - you should try an upgrade so you can retain your original site information, even if you do the testing on a subdirectory or subdomain with a copy of your database.

Phoenix wrote
What you have is a new install - you should try an upgrade so you can retain your original site information, even if you do the testing on a subdirectory or subdomain with a copy of your database.

I want to. I am so worn out from trying to figure out all this today that I don't know where to start lol

I downloaded Dragonfly CMS patch upgrade. Read around. Not sure where to place the single file.

Sorry, file is titled:

9010-9011.nix.patch

I would strongly suggest leaving patch files alone - they are for experienced website owners.