General ⇒ Announcements :: Archives ⇒ Email service is shutdown so no mail :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

Archived ⇒ Email service is shutdown so no mail

Currently i've disabled our Exim server untill further notice.

The server was down for many times and it seems someone is using our server for open relay mailings to spam.
Stephen has tried to help me out by disabling antirelayd but this seems NOT to be the solution.

Untill i figure out what a good setup is (cPanel sucks here) the mail server will be down.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Will that affect new registrations here? Private message and topic reply notifications?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

No, they use sendmail.

The spammers are hard to trace, they use loads of IP's (probably spoofed) so now we are heavily logging the SMTP connects with thanks to DedicatedNow who is monitoring every move (they hate them even more then i do Laughing )

Anyway we're all on it and when everything is sorted i will write a wiki page that should explain the massive abuse of our and your server to spam the world, since cPanel, Plesk, etc. are just not good enough to block it.

Problems solved exim.conf modified to only allow AUTHorization so everything is fine now.

Is this something I should inform or ask my host about?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

You can test it out by sending an emil thru your smtp without a password. If it works, then no worries. If it does work, contact your host asap.
I found that my servers, a few months ago needed this, or something similar, to be done to them also.

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2