General ⇒ Announcements :: Archives ⇒ Server Attacks, Dragonfly Staff/Member Issues :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

Archived ⇒ Server Attacks, Dragonfly Staff/Member Issues This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Greetings all!

For those of you new to Dragonfly, welcome! For our long standing members, thank you for being a part of the Dragonfly CMS community, we appreciate your involvement and support.

As many of you have noticed we have been experiencing difficulties with our server as of recent. Please know that we are doing everything we can to keep the outages to a minimum. I would like thank Webdev1, Phoenix, and NanoCaiordo for their tireless efforts that have been keeping this site running while our server is under severe hacking and Denial of Service (DOS) attacks.

Now seems to be a good time to ask that everyone take the time to read (or re-read) the Dragonfly Rules and Regulations.

Following the Rules and Regulations set forth on this website will avoid help any issues between our Staff and Members. In addition, I kindly ask that everyone here treat others as they wish to be treated.

It is the job of our Forum Administrators who work most of the time behind the scenes (without thanks) to keep this site and its forums spam free, G-rated, and well-organized. They volunteer their time to keep this site informational and helpful for our community and you, our members.

If you feel that you have been unfairly treated or warned by a Staff Member, I ask that you please send me a Private Message with your complaint.

Thanks,
Kristin

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux | 1.3.37 | 4.1.22-standard | 4.4.4 | Dragonfly CVS

Great words Kristin, Thanks.

To All:
Please remember our site motto:

The nobler sort of man emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad. The inferior does the reverse. -- Confucius (Modern Translation... If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.)

The nobler sort of man emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad. The inferior does the reverse. -- Confucius (Modern Translation... If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.)

are continuously changing...

As a side node:

From now on, IPs that are putting excessive load on the site will be treated as DOS attackers and are likely to be banned. Most chinese and some OpenRelay mailspammers already have been.

Our server is dedicated to the task of running the Dragonfly website, but resources are not infinite, and given the number of users is increasing we can't support people hammering it with automated tools.

Thanks

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Ok finally Nano and me found the issue, so we've disabled our forums rss. It got hammered heavily.

Are our forums that popular that everyone needs the rss?

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial