General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ Re.: Announcement about slow site response :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ Re.: Announcement about slow site response

I understand that everyone is working hard to correct the slow site response time.

I just have a quick comment about the announcement on the main Dragonfly page...

"Thank you for your patience with our server connection problems due to sustained high loads. In fact they are not related to DragonflyCMS itself but to the popularity of the website and the number of members and visitors who come to our community daily",

I'm not sure it makes sense to distinguish between problems related to DragonFlyCMS itself and other things.

www.dragonflycms.org as an entity is either working properly or it isn't. As a visitor to the site, it's not too interesting to me whether the site is down for reason A or reason B. I just want it to be up.

Is the site server really a P3 running at 1.2 GHz? Yikes!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux orestes.site5.com 2.6.9-34.0.2 || Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) || MySQL version: 4.1.19-standard-log || PHP Version 4.4.2 || CMS Version 9.0.6.1

they are telling us whats causeing the site to be slow because 1 they want us to be informed, 2 to let those who would say its DragonFly know that its not the cms but the server. and there working on getting a server upgrade to compensate for the larger community. got to remember when they first got this server there was not as much traffic on the website and so a super server wasnt needed.

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
they are telling us whats causeing the site to be slow because 1 they want us to be informed, 2 to let those who would say its DragonFly know that its not the cms but the server. and there working on getting a server upgrade to compensate for the larger community. got to remember when they first got this server there was not as much traffic on the website and so a super server wasnt needed.

That makes sense Smile

Linux orestes.site5.com 2.6.9-34.0.2 || Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) || MySQL version: 4.1.19-standard-log || PHP Version 4.4.2 || CMS Version 9.0.6.1