Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ Force PM notify with forum post :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ Force PM notify with forum post

I plan to create user groups for each of my students. Their personal group will be private access for the student, their personal teachers (up to 8 max) and a parent or parents. Group of up to 11 users.

The main function of this type of group is for the student post in work to each of their teachers as attachments .doc or .rtf, and the teacher marks it and returns it the same way. The parent can in parallel, monitor these exchanges.
So far so good.
But each individual teacher needs an alert if homework is posted for their subject. Otherwise a teacher will have to keep constantly checking Unread alerts that don't apply to them but to other teachers in the student's group.

I thought of having a student have up to 8 Subject groups linked to one teacher each. Then the teacher would see an UNread flag or get emailed. But the number of groups and boards would go into the 100s! Too much for me to maintain.

Could there be a way to force the student to PM a teacher's name (from a list of the teachers' names) when they post to their personal group?
I can't think of another way to do this.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
OK

have the teachers click watch this thread on each thread they need to be alerted of new posts and DF will do the email notify for you

Multiple Setups

Thank you.
I post homework instructions in the main forum we all share.
Students need private (hiiden) forums one each to put the homework in by attachment.
To get an alert that a student has put in homework in their private (hiidden) individual forums I would have to go in batches of 15 of these forums - a class - and place a message in each one.
Alternatively I would look down the list and see a new post in some student forums. But they would be work put in for other teachers.

OK

In the file modules/forums/posting.php after line 283:

if (($submit || $refresh) && $is_auth['auth_read']) { $notify_user = ( !empty($_POST['notify']) ) ? TRUE : 0; } else {

You could put a call to a simple function that would email a certain email if a certain forum is posted to.

A database solution would take a bit of time that I don't have, but I could give you a solution that you'd have to manage up editing a file.

I don't have time to write the function right now as I have to run, but PM me on Monday if you're interested.

Unix / 2.0.46 (Red Hat) / 0.9.7a / 4.1.9-standard / 4.3.2 / 9.0.6.1