General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ what has happened to the other members of the DF development :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ what has happened to the other members of the DF development

Guys,

**Please note that this post is not meant to be provocative in any way but is a genuine, honest question from a long term supporter & user of DF**

Firstly, great news to see that the forums are open again and that we have had two new RCs in the last week. In particular I think NanoCaiordo deserves all our thanks for picking up the baton and running with it. I'm sure though that a lot of community members would be interested to know what has happened to the other members of the DF development team (DJMaze?), why it was felt necessary to lock the forums for a month or so and a rough outline of the DF way forward.

Apologies if these points have been covered elsewhere and I missed them.

**Once again I stress this is a genuine, honest question**

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.2.4/5.0.37/5.2/9.1.2.1

at some point in time everyone must must go there own way. for what ever reason the other developers decided it was time to move on. DJMaze is still around and developing just he does this like he always has in the back ground. Forums got shut down because of a lot of drama and that was the decision made in order to bring an end to the drama. as for DF's future that one i don't know.

Multiple Setups

Djmaze is here too, he has posted in several other places:
dragonflycms.org/Forum...17875.html

Wink

Developers are here, busy working. Smile Moved your posted to "This Site" since it pretains to "this site" Smile

But Diz pretty much covered it. Thanks Diz.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Dizfunkshunal - I'm not really sure your answer helped clarify anything, well not for me anyway.

Melinda - Thanks for moving this to the right place. Great news that DJMaze is still around. I've been extremely grateful for his answers to questions in the past and so am very pleased he's still involved.

I'd still be interested to know what happened to the forums though and a rough idea of the route map for DF.

**I know that (for reasons I'm unclear on!) this whole area is sensitive and stress that this is a genuine question. I also suspect that it is one a lot of DF supporters/users are interested in. TIA**

BadCO wrote
Dizfunkshunal - I'm not really sure your answer helped clarify anything, well not for me anyway.

Melinda - Thanks for moving this to the right place. Great news that DJMaze is still around. I've been extremely grateful for his answers to questions in the past and so am very pleased he's still involved.

Hi BadCO,

An entire community is here...

DragonflyCMS project IS alive!!

CentOs / 2.0.63 / 4.1.22 / 5.2.5 / DF 9.2.1

One developer wants AJAX, the other wants ATAG/WCAG, another wants loads of BBCode and yet another wants a huge WYSIWYG.

These kinds if things don't fit with eachother and is like singing gospels in a Catholic church or being a Scientologic in a Deathmetal band.

Same as you go/went to one school and me went to another. It's all about priorities and beleives, and the only person who may answer your question is the person which isn't here anymore.
So probably you won't get a straight answer Wink

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Cheers guys and great news that the community remains alive and well. I suspect that like a lot of people the downtime of the forums was a real concern to me.

Thanks to DJMaze for explaining that 'artistic differences' and a split were behind the forum closure. Are you able to elaborate on where the remaining developers will be concentrating their efforts?

I'm personally trying to do my best everywhere i can.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I'm personally trying to do my best everywhere i can.

And it is very much appreciated. Thank you Nano, Melinda, and others.

Devuan ascii / Apache 2.4.2x / MariaDB 10.x / PHP 7.0x / DF 9.8 (updated)