General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ coppermine module vs. coppermine standalone :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ coppermine module vs. coppermine standalone

Hi, in the actual 9.1.1 RC2 release of Dragonfly the file infos of the coppermine module say "Coppermine 1.3.1 for CPG-Dragonfly".

What does this mean exactly? Is this the same version as 1.3.1 coppermine standalone? Does this have nothing to do anymore with the standalone numbering?

What about new feature of the coppermine standalone 1.4.x? Security Fixes and so on?

Thank you for some information!
TMPE

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3/4.1.2/4.4.1/9.1

The DragonflyCMS version has no relationship to the standalone version, particularly in version number.

It began as a fork from the phpnuke version which was originally developed by developers of this site into cpg-nuke, which is now DragonflyCMS.

Future development is planned, but not immediately - fixing the core is taking priority.

Ok, thanks. I knew that Dragonfly/CPG-Nuke is a fork of the PHP-Nuke. I just thought that this fork just provides a port to coppermine, always using (more or less) the newest coppermine release.

So this is a fork of PHP-Nuke _and_ a fork of coppermine!?

From which coppermine version began the fork?

DragonflyCMS has been evolved way past the original fork of over 3 years ago - thankfully, it is no longer a php-nuke fork.

In that same time, the original coppermine module has also evolved, in its own right, with particular emphasis on speed and security. It's not a plug-in or conversion of the standalone version. As for the starting version, I don't know off the top of my head and would have to check records - 3 years is a long time on the net.

If you're looking to use the standalone within a cms, you might check out Joomla.

Phoenix wrote
If you're looking to use the standalone within a cms, you might check out Joomla.

Thx. I will think about it. Have to check what are the new features of the standalone coppermine and if I really need them. In general I prefer an "all-in-one" solution (news+forum+gallery) like Dragonfly, without any bridging of standalone scripts.

True, bridging seldom offers a full solution.

I'm not sure about the Joomla bridge but, if it's like the SMF bridge, whilst your user base is common, you are limited to an iframe which is pointless if you want search engine exposure.

In time, some standalone features will be added, but it cannot be promised in the near future.

What can be promised is speed and security of what already exists, and further enhancements to the DragonflyCMS core Smile

Regarding the forum, there is an advanced version called ForumsPro at myndworx.com