General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ showcase? list of sites DragonflyCMS-powered sites :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ showcase? list of sites DragonflyCMS-powered sites

I think when I asked "why is there no showcase?" the reply was "there usta be, but..."

Anyhow, here's a list of sites I was able to find.
Nope, I haven't checked 'em ~~
some might contain pr0n for all I know.

They're all linking back here to Dragonflycms.org though.

[admin]
links removed since google also lists them and in here they don't get picked up due to rel="nofollow" anyway.
[/admin]

Also, the following sites are apparently still running CPG-Nuke (vs Dragonfly):

[admin]
links removed since google also lists them and in here they don't get picked up due to rel="nofollow" anyway.
[/admin]

Combined, the tally I came up with is approx 590-600 sites

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
DragonflyCMS version 9.1.1.0

there are even more Wink

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Yeah, none of mine are on here.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

A couple of mine are not on there either Wink

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

DJ Maze wrote
there are even more Wink

But this site isn't acknowledging them, via a list/showcase.
"Hi new person. You should use DragonflyCMS. It's better than XYZ, it's secure, and it's used by even more people around the world. So you can trust that it's a good framework for your site."
???

[admin]
[/admin]

because "google lists them anyway"?
Yep, I compiled the list mainly via Google search results.
I seriously doubt many people would have the patience/persistence I did in running multiple searches (and paring/sorting like I did) to come up with a list of 600 sites.

Since you apparently don't care to maintain an onsite list, whatever search phrase, or keywords you recommend, how about placing a prominent LINK to help people find DragonflyCMS-powered sites?

I sure didn't find a sure-fire "single search" query to retrieve my overall list. Each of these yields a different result

link:www.cpgnuke.com
link:cpgnuke.com
link:dragonflycms.org
link:www.dragonflycms.org
and many of these linkbacks are from various blog entries, not from CMS sites.

and in here they don't get picked up due to rel="nofollow" anyway
Yeah, nofollow.
Exactly.
Perfect.
Beautiful.

So, what's the problem?
Because I didn't take the time to screen the content of each site on the list, I'm not upset at seeing my list removed... but I fail to understand the reluctance to display a showcase of DragonflyCMS-powered sites here (not necessarily within the forum, but here at the mothership site).

Okay. Thank you. Havaniceday. Please drive thru.

bart2 wrote
Since you apparently don't care to maintain an onsite list, whatever search phrase, or keywords you recommend, how about placing a prominent LINK to help people find DragonflyCMS-powered sites?

It's just a matter of the right search phrase

www.google.nl/search?q...ev+Team%22

Or in the menu: Other -> Links

dragonflycms.org/Web_Links.html

bart2 wrote
So, what's the problem?
Because I didn't take the time to screen the content of each site on the list, I'm not upset at seeing my list removed... but I fail to understand the reluctance to display a showcase of DragonflyCMS-powered sites here (not necessarily within the forum, but here at the mothership site).

There's no problem, i was actually shocked by seeing that someone investigated google to find Dragonfly websites, and that he took loads of time to find them.
Shocked because a single question to ask a webguru for the right phrase or link that does show all websites wasn't posted so that he took loads of time to list it.

Thanks for providing the definitive search phrase.
Again, I hope you'll consider adding the link (wording along the lines of "See DragonflyCMS in action" or "check out sites powered by") to the site navigation or wiki or other prominent location here.

well, you can add my site to the showcase Smile

I have DragonflyCMS add-ons at nukebiz.com/ , contrary to recent rumours.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

bart2 wrote
Again, I hope you'll consider adding the link (wording along the lines of "See DragonflyCMS in action" or "check out sites powered by") to the site navigation or wiki or other prominent location here.

You create a page and maintain it? Then i will add the link to it Wink
dragonflycms.org/Wiki/manage.html

But keep in mind that everyone needs to keep it updated or else the same thing happens as with "old news" :p

bart, where's your site? i could only find an ebay account