Miscellaneous ⇒ User & Newbie Resources :: Archives ⇒ database recovery :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUser & Newbie Resources

Archived ⇒ database recovery

ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
Is a special MySQL 4.x command and will not work on every system.
Removing those crappy phpmyadmin parts will make it more versatile.

It's best to use the Dragonfly CMS DB backup utility since it will take those issues and others (like FULLTEXT) into account

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

If you don't get it I'll help you out tonight.

Search is your friend

Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

Still no luck. I would appreciate any help. I posted my contact info twice on the previous page so let me know when you want to help me.

RedHat 9 i686/Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)/MySQL 4.0.24-standard/Dragonfly 9.0.3.0

Got busy last night. Should be able to help tonight. I'll contact you.

Search is your friend

Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

How to restore the whole database backup.
Importing the database if its big one on another server for example or if needed to restore the latest backup?
I know there must be some skripts around but i cant found any of them to import simple and easy my database file to the mysql.
Who know some solutions Confused
I think i dont have ssh. There must be some scripts but i coudnt found any restore script.

Mmany thanks.

Linux 2.6.7 i686 - Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) - 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge1 - PHP 4.4.0 [ZE 1.3.0] - 9.0.6.1 - eAccelerator 0.9.3 - (IE 7B1, Firefox 1.61 Alpha2)

admin.php?op=database
under Import SQL File

or login to your phpmyadmin and load the .sql backup

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Thanks i was try that it break or give me a error out db file is over 20 mb. Is there a limit?

Linux 2.6.7 i686 - Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) - 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge1 - PHP 4.4.0 [ZE 1.3.0] - 9.0.6.1 - eAccelerator 0.9.3 - (IE 7B1, Firefox 1.61 Alpha2)

i think it defaults to the limit set in php.ini do a forum search, dj posted a solution for uploading large database files

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

ilamos wrote
Just forget I give up. I'll just start over new.

Since this user didn't seem to get this answered and I ran into and solved this problem last night I thought I'd help the community with trudging up this old post in case someone happens to run across it again.

My issue was nearly identical. I was astonished to discover my new host was running MySQL 4.0.x which does not recognize the "DEFAULT CHARSET" syntax. I exported from a host that was running MySQL 4.1.x

Simply remove "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1" from your flat file entirely and the load will go fine on a 4.0.x MySQL server.

RECON wrote
Thanks i was try that it break or give me a error out db file is over 20 mb. Is there a limit?

Here's an absolute must have for solving big db uploads without having SSH access to your host that I found linked elsewhere on this site. It's a simple small script that does exactly what you need as phpMyAdmin has a 2mb limit on upload file size.
BigDump

2.4/2.0/4.0.27/4.4.4/9.1.1+9.0.5

Last edited by Bloo on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Bigdump has been referenced very many times in these forums for many people with size limitations - it is an excellent tool, especially for very, very large databases Smile

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
Bigdump has been referenced very many times in these forums for many people with size limitations - it is an excellent tool, especially for very, very large databases Smile

Someone should tell those folks over there working on the phpMyAdmin project that they need link up with Alexey Ozerov @ ozerov.de and get his awesome script added. It's been around a long time and everyone using phpMyAdmin ends up eventually picking it up. LOL

2.4/2.0/4.0.27/4.4.4/9.1.1+9.0.5