Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ How can I access the cookie & database to find out the ... :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ How can I access the cookie & database to find out the ...

Ok, here's the deal. I have a third party roster type script Im developing as a standalone app. Im trying to give users the ability to 'claim' a character, and providing different authentication methods, such as phpbb2, drgnfly, etc.

In phpbb2, I can read the cookie to get the session ID, look that up to find the user and use this info to allow that user to 'claim' their game character on the roster.

In dragonfly, I can see the cookie, and it looks to contain a session ID, but I dont see any record of session ID's in the database to look it up. Mind you the info in the cookie LOOKS like a session ID, but I could easily be wrong, I just dont know.

So how can an external script check to see who the currently logged in user is?

If anyone is curious, this is the script that will use this info: www.loc-online.com/cdxroster

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
xp,apache 2.2, mysql 5.0.21 php 4.3.11, drgnfly 9.1.1

Check out includes/cpg_member.php around line 57-60 - I believe this is what you are looking for.

Linux 2.4.32 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 5.0.16 / PHP 5.2.2 / Dragonfly CVS

Thanks for the tip and sorry bout the move.. Wasnt sure which to post it in since it was an info request, but only vaguely dealt with the games portion. Ill look at that file and hopefully it will get me what Im looking for!

Edit: Hmm. Im not at home atm but from what I can see I dont have a includes/cpg_member.php file.. might be in a subdirectory so ill keep looking..Found it.. includes/classes/cpg_member.php.. now to start looking..

Awesome! Got the uid and well on my way.. One more question off the top of your head.. is it user_level 2 & 3 that determine admin status? I installed it, im set to 2, others that were bumped to admin are 3... whats the diff? any idea?