Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ Multiple Domains :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ Multiple Domains

It is a complex area and is a lot of work, and few people will have time to spend on it at the moment - as I recall, previous requests weren't taken up, even when money was offered. Best to explore your system and experiment yourself for now.

I don't know what happened to that previous post, but there are other bits and pieces which you may find by patiently selecting different words and searching the forums.

Then you will find topics like this,
cpgnuke.com/Forums/vie...refix.html

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.6.34/PHP 7.1.22/DragonFly 10.0.48.9418

Folks,

As entertaining as this thread is, the current sessions manager will not work across multi-domains due to cookie issues.

I would hazard to make this work it would require (another) complete rewrite of the sessions to get this to work properly, and ensure no exploitation is possible across the two domains.

I personally think this is an incredible waste of time and resources to save $60/year....ridiculous I think (no offense meant, just being honest).

Web hosting is so cheap, why torture yourself doing this?

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Hi, Jeruvy. Did you read my needs? Here I don't need to share DB or session for another domain.

Any one can tell me the structure of codes that I can use to each site(same code for each site), that will add same user name(with same user info) to rest DBs of rest domains? And when user clicks the activation link from email, his account will be activated for all site.

I think this process will have less security hazards than using shared DB.
Cause when user has logged in Site A and connects to Site B using same or new browser window, he will be shown log in option for Site B and have to log in gain(since he has not logged in Site B).
That is what I need.
Thanks

XP/XAMPP 1.4.9/8.2b

anim_chowdhury wrote
Hi, Jeruvy. Did you read my needs? Here I don't need to share DB or session for another domain.

Ok, give us a comprehensive on the process you envision.

Any one can tell me the structure of codes that I can use to each site(same code for each site), that will add same user name(with same user info) to rest DBs of rest domains? And when user clicks the activation link from email, his account will be activated for all site.

How are your sites defined? How is one site known (or unknown) different from another? What is the defined purpose of the difference in 'sites' then?

If your not using domains, then what is the definition of what you are attempting, since I think even more likely you could do this with one installation using groups, but I need more specifcs to your request perhaps to understand what you specifically mean.

I think this process will have less security hazards than using shared DB.
Cause when user has logged in Site A and connects to Site B using same or new browser window, he will be shown log in option for Site B and have to log in gain(since he has not logged in Site B).
That is what I need.
Thanks

Again, yes using one installation is only one risk vs. having two installations hence two risks.

Now for the login part, why not have a master site:

www.subscribe.com

Here users have a basic login and create accounts. These are mirrored nearly realtime to:

www.awesomewebsite.com

so that when the login occurs or the user goes for content they are sent to that site. The login info is the same so they automatically have accounts. Turn off anonymous users and it's private.

Now I assume two separate installations to do this both with their domains individual. Maybe this is what your thinking of?

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

I have nearly the same issue. I'm trying to use one website wicht several database in order to that the user have the imporession that he is on a different web site each time he change the database.
So to do this I use parameter (as portal=atoll2) in link that I put in my main website and I chek the parameter in config.php. After I create a session et save in which website the user want to be. My problem is that the other part of the code erase the data linking witch the session.
So someone find a way to make it work?

Here My code in config.php:

if($QUERY_STRING=="portal=atoll2"){
session_start();
$_SESSION['site']=2;
echo " we are in portal atoll2";
}

if(isset($_SESSION['site'])){
echo " we stay in the portal atoll2";
}

Tell me if you have some idea.

Ps: sorry for my englilsh (I'm french)

winXP/Apache2/PHP4.3.7/dragonfly9.0.6.1

cookie ?

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Finally I find my mistake. You can't open a session in the "if" because the session will be open just if you enter in this "if'.

So I put session start before everything and it's OK

winXP/Apache2/PHP4.3.7/dragonfly9.0.6.1

any progress on this?

WinXP/2.0.54/4.1.12/5.0.4/9.0.8 cvs