Miscellaneous ⇒ User & Newbie Resources :: Archives ⇒ Can I connect to my cpg site via Dreamweaver? General Orgz? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUser & Newbie Resources

Archived ⇒ Can I connect to my cpg site via Dreamweaver? General Orgz?

Ok, kick me to the curb if this gets the stupidiest question of the month award. Embarassed

Can I log into my cpgnuke site from Dreamweaver? I need to do something to my index.php file and yes, I can bring it down via wsftp, edit it in Dreamweaver and put it back up via wsftp, but I love being able to just hit "upload" and it puts it where it's supposed to go on a normal web server in Dreamweaver.

And not sure how Dreamweaver could really help with this, but it's a pain in the arse remembering to put this picture up or that picture up when I have them in different file, like if I'm doing press articles and they are accompanied by a photo. On my HD, I have a PRESS directory, then a folder for each media...newspaper, tv, etc., and I store a Word doc of the article and my jpg's in the respective folder.

I may put up an article from 5 different sources, so I have 5 pictures in 5 different folders that I have to find and upload when I'm ready.

So the Dreamweaver question and perhaps hints on how you organize anything that is kept on your HD for your cpg site would be appreciated.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
?

Every file i modify special for 1 website gets into
"f:\htdocs\WEBSITENAME\html"

Everything else is taken from my main 8.2 or 9.0 directory.
When i modify a new file i copy the file and then edit it.

This way i always know which files i've modified for that specific website.
So when an new version of the file is in CVS or an bugfix in 8.2 i do an merge/compare to that file.
That way it reduces my time of chekcing and comparing each single file for say 10 websites

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Yes you can use dw for ftp i like it's syncro command but i would use another proggie to edit...

AKA Akamu / Read these and your life will be successful | Find a Repair
--
Mods and Professional Support via YIM

win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

Thank you all for the responses. I'm going to try to connect it through Dreamweaver, but the second prompt when adding a site in DW is if you want "server side technology" or not...and if you choose "yes" one of the choices presented next so you can choose what type of server side setup... is php mysql.

Knowing as little as I do about cpgnuke, and never having used a server side technology in DW...is there anything on the cpgnuke side of things that might present a problem?

I think I'm going to choose "no" because at this time I just want to download a copy of the files but if anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them. Thanks and thanks again for replies.

?

i use golive for ftp and editing and i have not come up agaist any problems as of yet ( a year or so)

5.1.1, 9.2.1