Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ ForumsPro authorization issues :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ ForumsPro authorization issues

Intended setup:
Using Forums Pro (2.0.0.1) if a user is not registered (ie, general public) they should be able to see the top-most 3 forums. If they are registered they should see 2/3 of the rest of the forums. The remaining forums are based on group permissions.

Problem:
If a un-registered user OR a registered user with no group is on the site I get "This board has no forums" (and yes, the url is listed as index.php?name=ForumsPro)

Apparently only site Admin or Admin users can actually see the forums.

Settings that are related:
1) I have the forum permissions 'view/read' for 3 forums that is public all display. Users can not post unless registered.
Then 2/3 of the forums are for registered users set in permissions as 'read,write,post'. The remainder are private for group permission users.

2) I have the module set to All visitors, viewed left.

3) I have the menu link enabled in the Community section.

4) IF I have logged in as a regiatered user AND I have logged in as Admin to check something, THEN logged OUT as Admin, the registered user retains the admins permissions.

Requested solution:
Want common unregistered players to see and not post in 3 forums, want registered users to be able to see, post and user most of the rest of the forums. Why is this not happening?

site is sb2.zapto.org

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
WinXP/Apache 2.0.59(win32)/MySQL 5.0.37/Php 5.2.3

Probably won't get much help here - try over at Myndworx
They're the ones that made and support the module - my best guess: you're editing Forums permissions instead of ForumsPro permissions.

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1