Support ⇒ New installations :: Archives ⇒ Trying to setup on a godaddy domain :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Archived ⇒ Trying to setup on a godaddy domain

Hello everyone im a newb to dragonfly installs but i have installed it before on a stand alone windows box running xampp and the install went fine. But now im trying to install it to a godaddy windows host.A few i hope small problems. I upload the files via wsFTP pro and go into ws ftp pro to change the permissions but the permissions never take( can I not change the permissions cause its a windows host?) ive been to dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=47.html and even downloaded and watched the video.. i start the install and on the first page there is only one failed but not critical ( but i have read on this forum the error always happens on godaddy hosts)

Then i get to the 2nd page the database this is where all of my troubles are

i have no idea what im doing wrong it is a mysql 5.0 database ( i tried with a 4.1 database but the same error) I have check the passwords and its correct cause i can login via phpmyadmin

I have deleted then re-downloaded then re-uploaded dragonfly to my server but I still cant get the database to work,I have even used the ip address of the database server 10.6.166.32 and Is says it still cant connect.. Im hoping that you guys see that im doing somthing wrong cause i cant figure this thing out.. Thanks for your help.

[edit] by Nano: Removed images containing host, username and database name infos[/edit]

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
win/?/Mysql 4.` and 5.0/php 4/

you have your answer in those pictures, just copying and pasting the "host name" without modifing it will fix your problem.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

did that already and still get the error

ok godaddy says the windows servers they have do not have php installed.. but how is the install.php working?? I really dont want to switch to a linux server cause i have NO idea how to do anything with linux. But maybe that will fix my problem with the install not being able to find the database?

ok seems that was the problem.. its installing now but after the install im getting a database error.. GRRRRRR also on the 1st install screen there are a few failed but not critical errors any problem with these?

Here is the error im getting on the admin.php page

i deleted the site and reuploaded now everything is working fine Smile