Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ Issues after install on MySQL v 4.0.16 :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ Issues after install on MySQL v 4.0.16

I have a fresh install running on MySQL client version: 4.0.16 with Language set to English (iso-8859-1). After a while posts started disappearing from the site and things started to mess up badly all over the place. Needless to say something is wrong, something is very wrong. The only thing I see that might cause such an issue is the collation options on an older sql version.

Is this due to 9.1.2 being strictly UTF-8 and requires a UTF-8 collation? I'm a little aprehensive about switching the collation since an admin posted something like "don't mess with collations if you don't know what you're doing" in the community center page on this site. I want to make sure it's the right move before I have to waste time to go back and restore the db. :\

By the way the host is running FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE, phpMyAdmin - 2.9.0.2, PHP 4.4.1, and MySQL client version: 4.0.16.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Oh and the only option it gives me for language in phpMyAdmin - 2.10.2 that would make sense is English (UTF-8).

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

MySQL 4.0 doesn't support UTF-8.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

joy. I suppose the only way to fix this issue now is to have the host upgrade or switch the site to another host.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

joy. you dont have to since DragonflyCMS hanlde UTF-8 connection and latin connections correctly. The core is aware at install time and it set its self up correctly.

Then not aware human hands might cause troubles.

In other words since your site is in english then Latin collocation is more then what you need.

So a reinstall would fix it? I didn't install it originally. It's been installed on that site twice already and both with the same result. Are you saying DF wasn't installed correctly? Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what you are trying to say.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Database collocation is not the reason of your problems.
About disappearing posts ask other site admins.