Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat :: Archives ⇒ Clubs - a Groups companion module :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

Archived ⇒ Clubs - a Groups companion module

www.dfbounty.org/Forum...t=576.html

What this module does is to allow a member to create and be the owner of a Group and a corresponding Forum that is private and only accessible by members of that group.

If you have the kudos module installed the Club president can set an amount of points it costs to join the group. As the admin you can specify the amount of points it costs to create a group, also its possible to set it so that only members of a certain group can create a club -- subscribed members for instance.

There is a top 10 groups listing and the layout of the Clubs screen is in list form with more info than the current groups module.

Its a really cool module. Check it out.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Unix / 2.0.46 (Red Hat) / 0.9.7a / 4.1.9-standard / 4.3.2 / 9.0.6.1

Last edited by spacebar on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

I hate to question this idea, but can't you do this already in groups? I have private groups that only select individuals have access to, and some modules and forum sections that are only allowed to those individuals (special groups).

Or am I missing something?

Smile

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Clubs does a lot more than that, but yes groups is the backbone.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Jeruvy wrote
I hate to question this idea, but can't you do this already in groups? I have private groups that only select individuals have access to, and some modules and forum sections that are only allowed to those individuals (special groups).

Or am I missing something?

Smile

The difference is its automated. You, the admin, don't have to create the forums or the groups or edit the description when the user needs a wording change... the member who creates the group(Club) also gets the forum automatically created at the same time. The member who created the group becomes a moderator of that group automatically.

Plus more...

Ah member created groups. Thats what I was missing.

Ok.

J.

spacebar wrote

but if you'd like to see this completed you need to go to DFBounty ( www.dfbounty.org/Forum...t=576.html ) and contribute to get it done. There's so little money on it at the moment there isn't a lot of incentive for BC to finish it up.

Also, you get a say in how it works and looks if you donate some money to the cause.

Check it out.

Moved to chit chat, this is solicitating. Rolling Eyes

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Oh give me a break. You can't publicize a bounty on this site? Since when? We've been doing that ever since DF Bounty came online.

Anyway, I've deleted the mention of a bounty. Can you move it back? So it doesn't get lost in here?

How about a forum specifically for dfbounty?

Make an easy place to move posts to Smile

J.