Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ Problem with downloads in FF after upgrade to 9.1.2.1 :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ Problem with downloads in FF after upgrade to 9.1.2.1

Well, as the title says I am having some problems with downloads after upgrading from 9.0.6.1 to 9.1.2.1. .zips still work fine in both IE and FF, but .rars and .7zs (my archiving method of preference) are just borked.

Instead of actually popping the "open/save to disk" dialogue box, FF tries to open the file in the browser itself resulting in a ton of garbled characters and tremendous lag for myself and my users. Not good.

I know for a fact that this is specific to DF, as I have uploaded a file to my root and to the downloads section - the download file popup works fine when I try the file in my browser via direct link (ie: mysite.com/file.rar or .7z), but when I try to download the file via downloads pro I get the same problem.

I updated from downloads pro 3.0.0.8 (I believe that was the version) to the latest build (3.0.0.10) to no avail. In fact, I rather loathe the fact that I did that because the new layout doesn't like my theme, and like a dunce I only backed up some of my template files so I can't revert.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated as the files I host are the most important aspect of this website.

In case I'm not articulating the error well enough, you can reproduce the error via these two test files:

swgemods.com/RevZ227.zip (direct link)

- and the crapped up downloads pro version -

swgemods.com/index.php...amp;id=151

Again, this only happens in FF (all versions that I've tested) - IE allows the file to download fine.

P.S. Because I'm a stickler I have to apologize for the disarray of the downloads section. It looked great until upgrading to the latest Downloads Pro version a few minutes ago.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.21-standard-log/4.4.2/PHPNuke 7.8 > Dragonfly (9.1.2.1)

Try Bugzilla...

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Thanks, but I finally figured it out (quite simple too). I simply added the following to a new .htaccess file that I placed in the directory where the files are actually stored:

Addtype Application/Force-Download .7z Addtype Application/Force-Download .rar

Linux/1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.21-standard-log/4.4.2/PHPNuke 7.8 > Dragonfly (9.1.2.1)