Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ u8tf Encoding Problem After upgrade :: Archived (page 2) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ u8tf Encoding Problem After upgrade


So does that mean I have go through the a search and replace à� with the correct character or is there a function which does this automatically?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows_NT/Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) PHP/4.3.10/4.1.9-max/4.3.10/9.0.4.0


It does automatically (after you click what you have to click), I do not use that software so I might not be the right person to help you, but as far i know it does a great job converting even huge databases.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head


I use it and can confirm - UltraEdit is very very good, and does extremely large files very quickly Very Happy

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):


Ok great but can somebody please tell me what I have to do?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows_NT/Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) PHP/4.3.10/4.1.9-max/4.3.10/9.0.4.0


I don't know how to do it with UltraEdit either. I must have done it the hard way, which is as you described above. Find a messed up character, see what it is in the data, replace with the UTF8 appropriate character. Rinse, lather, repeat. I also did it all in phpMyAdmin because my posts text table is big.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1


Ya thats what it is looking like on this end to! Can't say I am looking forward to it!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows_NT/Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) PHP/4.3.10/4.1.9-max/4.3.10/9.0.4.0


I’m trying to convert a DB to UTF-8. The problem is there are two “encoding” to address in the DB. After reading a couple of Wiki articles here I’m still stumped.

History: the DB was originally started under PHP-Nuke, then migrated to CPG-Nuke, then migrated to Dragonfly.

I’ll describe one example character, the right-single-quote character ’ (Unicode:0093 UTF:C293).

(I tried to paste some of the raw characters here, but they showed up as �. See the attached text file.)

So, the first sequence successfully converts, but the second and third obviously do not.

Is there any hope of normalizing the character set of this misbegotten DB into sane UTF-8?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.17.11-grsechg / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.21-standard / PHP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly 9.1.1


Hm, the text file didn’t attach. Let’s try that again.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.17.11-grsechg / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.21-standard / PHP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly 9.1.1


(FYI, I’m working with PartyMarty on his previously-posted-about DB issues.)

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.17.11-grsechg / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.21-standard / PHP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly 9.1.1


I had this exact same problem upgrading from whatever it says below in my profile to 9.1.2.1 and changing utf8 to NULL in the config.php as suggested in this thread fixed it. Thanks for your help.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.9-11.ELsmp/Apache 1.3.36 (Unix)/MySQL 4.0.27-standard-log/PHP4.4.2/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

All times are UTC