General ⇒ DVCS Info (Mercurial/CVS) :: Archives ⇒ 9.1.2.6 :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexDVCS Info (Mercurial/CVS)

Archived ⇒ 9.1.2.6

Beldak wrote
Also, have an additional problem in that I cannot drag and drop any of the blocks in the blocks admin (right hand side). When the mouse hovers over them I just get the circle with the line through it cursor.

Ah, it's not drag-n-drop. You select the column you want to place the block in on the left (so that it highlights in red), then you click on the move box on the right and it just appears. It's not actually draggable (which is what I expected as well). Only the ordering/trashcan stuff on the left is draggable. Took me a while to figure that out myself, the video tutorial helped a lot.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Aha - thanks Grue - couldn't view that video from work (dang Flash is blocked).

So, for me, it took the changes and works - still getting that Line 181 notice spam, but functionally seems to be working ok.

Linux 2.4.32 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 5.0.16 / PHP 5.2.2 / Dragonfly CVS

NanoCaiordo wrote
did the query affected any rows?

Don't know - I'm using Webmin, and it doesn't return status messages like that.

NanoCaiordo wrote
do you still see the exact same warnings as before or after the query some of them disappeared.

Some of them disappeared, now I just get:

admin/modules/blocks.php Notice line 181: Undefined offset: 9

repeated 25 times.

EDIT: I found what was causing the "Undefined offset" problem, there were entries in the cms_blocks_custom table for a BID that didn't exist (9), and that's what was causing that warning. Deleting those entries now presents me with a "clean" page (no errors/warnings).

NanoCaiordo wrote
also if you comment line 76 in admin/modules/blocks.php where the url_redirect is then you should be able to see any possible warning.

I don't notice any difference with Line 76 commented out (I also cleared the cache).

EDIT2: NanoCaiordo generously helped me debug this directly on the server, and traced the problem to Suhosin's default settings. It places limits on the POST variables that get consumed very quickly by the block arrangement code.

Two settings have to be changed in php.ini from their default size of 200 (example values used here):

suhosin.post.max_vars = "4096"
suhosin.request.max_vars = "4096"

The value needs to be on the order of (blocks * modules * 5) + 6 if all blocks are included in all modules.

Nano's beeing showing a lot of patience helping me with tracing the problems and debugging, so major props to him for the much-appreciated assistance!

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Undefined variable is now fixed at installer level.
Not able to save blocks was a server related issue.
CSS style cursor path fixed thanks darkgrue.

May we say that all new features are correctly working?

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

It would be neat if in the list of modules, there would be Home aswell.
So that i.e

Admin
Home
News

So that for Home you choose top blocks, but for News you don't.
Home would always overwrite module's setting is user is in home (index.php).

-

It is on my "low priority" to do list already. Been spending lot of time with new features and the "high priority" list was ignored. I need to move forward sorry.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

That's OK.

OT: I have always been thought that I could candidate for DF developer, for doing some small stuff, like templating, or I don't know... breaking $morelink in News to smth better etc small tasks... but I better don't do it as it would take too much of my time...

-