Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Predictions Module :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ Predictions Module

I'm looking for a predictions league type module, where users can predict a score of a match.

I do a prediction league via my forums but a module would be so much easier as it could calculate everyones score.

We work it 2 points for correct score prediction.
1 point for predicting the correct team win or a draw.

I looked at RG Sports but the module maker is no longer in the community and it looks a bit of a nightmare to use, is there anything else that does this type of thing?

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Hi,

I used this program for a long time for predictions:
www.liga-manager-onlin...df120228de

It doesn't blend in to DF. I had little trouble using it through an IFrame though. With powerful prediction settings it was worth the effort (In fact it is a full blown league management system. But you can easily use it for predictions only).

AFAIK Mark has announced a predictions plugin for his MComp module some time ago. But with him being busy I doubt it will see the light of the day anytime soon.

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

I was using this one www.predictionfootball.com which is basically just for predictions, it works very well, however I wanted something on my DF database so that members could automatically login.

I know that this plugs into PHPNuke or that someone actually made it plugin as on the forums someone was posting code, however I have not been able to plug it into DF. Maybe this might give someone else ideas though.

I am with you on this one Bluefin.
I also wish there was a decend perdiction module out there that integrates with DF. Do not see that happening anytime soon though.

We have no chance Golem, I offered a bounty on this I believe for someone to port it to DF but had no takers, would you be interested in offering a bounty aswell, perhaps we can get someone to port it for a fee.

Regrettably it's not really a GPL application which is probably why you got no interest. It requires a minimum donation of $15 to acquire an up to date working version - a strange way of charging for an application or just a way around paying tax on income.

Bluefin221 wrote
We have no chance Golem, I offered a bounty on this I believe for someone to port it to DF but had no takers, would you be interested in offering a bounty aswell, perhaps we can get someone to port it for a fee.

I certainly would. But first I need to try out the prediction module you have told me about. Heard about it for the first time (thx for that ! Smile ) and need to see what it offers.

Too bad there is no real demo for it Sad