Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ I want to make a block :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ I want to make a block

I want to make a block for everyone since I think that it will be very usefull, but I need a little help.

I dont know much about php (but I am learning) so I would like to try to maybe modify an existing block.
Here is what I want to do.
I want to make a block that I can enter the post ID # (from the forum) into and it will display it sorta like the news and any replies will be added to the original post.
So I need a block that draws info from the forums, can anyone help?

do a search for failure on www.google.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
freebsd/apache_1.3.31/mysql5.0.67/php5.2.8/upgraded from 9.0.6.0 to 9.0.6.1 to 921/ GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

So you want to create a news item from a forum post and have the comments get posted as replies in the forum? Very interesting concept. I think I've heard that News Pro has a feature for comments going into the forum, but the other part you'd need to do yourself, but it's just a matter of querying the post database using the post ID.

HI Mammlouk, it should be a simple thing to make, I dont need all the fancy bells and whistles that the news pro has. I would be happy just typing in the post ID and it just posts it into the news (uses the original title from the forum post as well) and if it used the persons avatar for the pic the would be the icing on the cake. Do you know of a simple block that I can look at modifying to accomplish this?

freebsd/apache_1.3.31/mysql5.0.67/php5.2.8/upgraded from 9.0.6.0 to 9.0.6.1 to 921/ GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

Yup Pro News has a feature called Discuss this which does the same thing.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

discuss_this adds the news post to the forums, I want to almost the exact opposite, draw from the forums and post to the news, and then linking back to the original post.