Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ How to remove users :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ How to remove users

I must be missing somethign obvious, but I can;t seem to find a way to remove a registered user from my site. I can suspend them, but not delete them.

I want to take an existign user and make him an admin, but he has a regular account right now. I figured the easiest thing would be to delete him and make a new account for him.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.22-standard-log/4.4.7/9.2.1

1. We deliberately don't provide a delete mechanism.

2. I presume you mean as SuperUser - you can add any username as an admin, existing or not - simply add his username, and give him a random password which he can later change to match his existing username through the admin panel. Before doing so, I would first ensure he does not have an easily guessed password - very dangerous if he is to be an admin.

Ok so he currently has a regular account with a password.

I can just make another account (an admin one) with a different password?

Would that different password only get him in admin.php? So if he had a regular account with 1 password and an admin with a second password, but they shared the same username, would his choice of password relegate which version he logged in as?

As far as the suspend user functiong oes, would that be an effective way of virtually removing someone?

User and admin accounts are completely seperate they can have the same name but 1 login will not work as the other. so if user and admin name are the same he will only login as user if using user password and will only login as admin if useing admin password plus user login and admin login forms are also seperate and have nothing to do with one another.

suspending a users account will remove there name from memberlist and remove there profile. not really remove them but no one can see them but all the post and stuff they have made will remain in the forums and viewable.

Multiple Setups

Ok, so it seems suspend is the way to "remove" a user.

As far as the two types of accounts go, what would be the affect, if any, for user who had an admin and normal account with the exact same user/pass? Maybe it doesn't matter, and everything is relevant to the log in page?

It doesn't really matter - in fact when you installed your DF copy, it asked you if you wanted to create a normal user with the same name and password as the admin account it asks you to create.

You just need to ensure that your admins use secure passwords and not silly things like the same password as their username.