Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ New Signup form and advanced members search/sort features :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ New Signup form and advanced members search/sort features

One thing that I think Dragonfly is currently missing is the possibility to let admin add drop down boxes with predefined answers to custom question fields on the register page.

This option could then lead to an easyer search or sort options of community members and could even be used to give users spessific icons by their usernames in forums etc.

Let's say you run a VW car community site.
You want to know peoples sex, where they are from, and what kind of VW they've got...

Add question Which model is your VW?
Drop down box says:
Golf
Jetta
Corrado
Vento etc etc etc

- and you could then let members search for other members in their area driving the same car with an extended members list function, and even leave out the girls (or the guys) if you prefer...

I think this feature could make Dragonfly a much better community website

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2

PoKo its there already, just disabled because not 100% yet

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Poko this can be easily done, but it will require you to edit a core file and update your_account language definition file for DF. If you are certain about having to go through this let me know otherwise wait for our developers to active this feature in next update of DF. If you absolutely need that feature I could make a small instruction set describing how to do it.

I had come across a similar problem before, what I wanted was to give my members the independence of choosing there own forum ID color based on what they select in Profile Preferences, now since this was not available in DF I had to make a hack for it and it worked out pretty well using the same technique. You can see the demo on my site, although that drop down list is only for reg users but basically it looks like this..

{ Oversize Sig }

Linux/1.3.33/5.0.45/5.1.4/9.1.2.1

webhax wrote
Poko this can be easily done, but it will require you to edit a core file and update your_account language definition file for DF. If you are certain about having to go through this let me know otherwise wait for our developers to active this feature in next update of DF. If you absolutely need that feature I could make a small instruction set describing how to do it.

I had come across a similar problem before, what I wanted was to give my members the independence of choosing there own forum ID color based on what they select in Profile Preferences, now since this was not available in DF I had to make a hack for it and it worked out pretty well using the same technique. You can see the demo on my site, although that drop down list is only for reg users but basically it looks like this..

Can you post that hack?

Unix / 2.0.46 (Red Hat) / 0.9.7a / 4.1.9-standard / 4.3.2 / 9.0.6.1

Note: Please donot use it on a live system unless you are pretty sure of what you are doing and the consequence if something goes wrong. My suggestion would be to first test this locally and only then try it on live.

I will show the steps I did for the hack I showed above, similarly you can apply for any other..

Step 1:
Edit /language/english/your_account.php
Add at the end

define('_SELCOL','Please Select Your Forum Color'); define('_BLUE','Blue'); define('_GREEN','Green'); define('_YELLOW','Yellow'); define('_RED','Red'); define('_PINK','Pink'); define('_PURPLE','Purple'); define('_DBLUE','Dark Blue'); define('_LBLUE','Light Blue'); define('_MAGENTA','Magenta'); define('_DGREEN','Dark Green'); define('_FLUORO','Fluoroscent'); define('_GOLD','Golden'); define('_BROWN','Brown'); define('_LPINK','Light Pink'); define('_NOCOLOR','No Color');

Step 2:
Edit /admin/modules/users_cfg.php
Find

} else if ($fieldtype == 5) { $sql .= 'CHAR(1)';

After that ADD
} else if ($fieldtype == 9) { $sql .= 'CHAR(10)';

Find
<option value="5">Gender</option>

After that ADD

<option value="9">Color</option>

Step 3:
Edit /modules/Your_Account/functions.php
Find

} else if ($type == 5) { return select_box($field, (is_user() ? $userinfo[$field] : ''), array(_SELGEN, 'm' => _MALE, 'f' => _FEMALE));

After that ADD
} else if ($type == 9) { return select_box($field, (is_user() ? $userinfo[$field] : 'black'), array(_SELCOL, 'red' => _RED, 'green' => _GREEN, 'blue' => _BLUE, '#FBB917' => _YELLOW, 'pink' => _PINK, '#4E387E' => _PURPLE, '#151B54' => _DBLUE, '#3BB9FF' => _LBLUE, '#FF00FF' => _MAGENTA, '#617C58' => _DGREEN, '#52D017' => _FLUORO, '#FBB917' => _GOLD, '#7E2217' => _BROWN, '#E799A3' => _LPINK, '' => _NOCOLOR));

Goto your administration panel at admin.php?op=users_cfg&mode=fields
There when you add another custom field it will give you an extra option in type which is Color.
Select that option, create an extra field for example user_color with whatever description.

Now user will get that option in there profile preferences as shown in the pix of my previous post.

For having the colored IDs to be shown in forum

Step 4:
Edit /modules/Forums/viewtopic.php

Find
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.bio, u.user_timezone, u.user_occ, u.user_interests, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject";

REPLACE WITH
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.bio, u.user_timezone, u.user_occ, u.user_interests, u.user_color, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject";

Find
$poster_interests = ($poster_id != ANONYMOUS && (!empty($postrow[$i]['user_interests'])) ) ? $lang['Interests'].': '.$postrow[$i]['user_interests'] : '';

After that ADD

$poster_color = $postrow[$i]['user_color'];

Find
'POSTER_RANK' => $poster_rank,

After that ADD
'POSTER_COLOR' => $poster_color, 'POSTER_COLOR_HTML' => htmlprepare($poster_color),

Step 5:
Edit /themes/PH2_Blue/template/forums/viewtopic_body.html

Find

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}</span><br /></td>

REPLACE WITH
<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b> <!-- IF postrow.POSTER_COLOR --> <span style="color:{postrow.POSTER_COLOR_HTML}"> {postrow.POSTER_NAME}</span> <!-- ELSE --> {postrow.POSTER_NAME} <!-- ENDIF --> </b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}</span><br /></td>

And thats about it, if done correctly it should work without any problems. Similarly you can replace the colors with whatever questions you want the members to answer in your profile information.

{ Oversize Sig }

Linux/1.3.33/5.0.45/5.1.4/9.1.2.1

This is great news, thank you!
I'll think I'll wait for the next release though... Which will be out on .. .. .. ? Wink

Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2

There are so many things this project needs to do, that I wouldn't count this this will be done in next release.
Though it's said to be released 08-Dec-2007 in here, the release usually delays... it's quite impossible to predict it.

-