Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ [solved] Installing in a subdomain :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ [solved] Installing in a subdomain

WebSiteGuru wrote
Yes! Those files are temporary files it works just like the browser cache. Just dont delete the .htaccess file.

Sometime it's required to delete those cookies. So, you will get the new and updates info.

Okay, I'll empty out that folder.

So, I should delete all my cookies as well, including my cms_admin cookie?
--Ann

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL Version 5.5.32-log (client: 5.5.32)/Dragonfly 9.3.4.0

It is okay to delete your cookies. It means that you will have to log in again.

The installer should work fine with no changes whatsoever in a subdomain. However, I think you should access the file from sub.name.com and not name.com/sub during the install. If you set up the subdomain in cPanel, it should have set this up.

Devuan ascii / Apache 2.4.2x / MariaDB 10.x / PHP 7.0x / DF 9.8 (updated)

Hi, everyone. Thank you again for all your assistance. I want to describe the trouble I am presently having, and ask you if it is a cookie issue with the subdomain, or not.

I create a user account, and activate the user account via email. Then, I return to the site and try to log in using the chosen username and password. The site will not log me in. I see the page refresh, and no error messages occur, but I am not logged in.

Can you tell me what's going on? Is this a cookie issue or something else?

I *can,* however, log in as an Admin! So I'm unsure what that's about...is there a setting I'm missing?
--Ann

Linux/PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL Version 5.5.32-log (client: 5.5.32)/Dragonfly 9.3.4.0

I would suggest:
Try another browser, Clear the /cache folder, clear the cookies from the browser(s), and delete the temporary files in the browser cache.

If this doesn't work, try the sql statement that I mentioned previously. To run a sql command you will need a sql administration program. What do you use, phpmyadmin?

warden wrote
I would suggest:
Try another browser, Clear the /cache folder, clear the cookies from the browser(s), and delete the temporary files in the browser cache.

If this doesn't work, try the sql statement that I mentioned previously. To run a sql command you will need a sql administration program. What do you use, phpmyadmin?

Yes, PHPMyAdmin.

Okay, thanks!
--Ann

Ok this may not fix your problem but it is worth a try.

Back up your database! I suggest that since you will be in phpmyadmin that you use their Export feature to make a backup of all tables.

Go into your phpmyadmin program.
On the left side of the page, click on the database that you wish to alter.
Once it loads, look for the "SQL" tab which is just to the right of the "Structure" tab. Click on the SQL tab.
Then, enter this code into the text area:
UPDATE `cms_config_custom` SET `cfg_value` = '' WHERE `cfg_name` = 'cookie' AND `cfg_field` = 'domain';
UPDATE `cms_config_custom` SET `cfg_value` = '0' WHERE `cfg_name` = 'cookie' AND `cfg_field` = 'server';

Then click on "Go".

Then clear the cache folder, browser cache, and try again. DF is very good at installing into a subdomain but I too had similiar problems. Let us know how it goes.

Hey, I did get it working. Thank you so much for all your help. You're the greatest!
--Ann

Did you use the sql statement or did clearing the cache and browser cache do the trick?

Edit: Also tashaar, you may want to check the www link in your profile. The spelling is incorrect which leads to a "Host is down" error message.

warden wrote
Did you use the sql statement or did clearing the cache and browser cache do the trick?

Clearing the cache and browser...I thought I'd cleared it thoroughly, but apparently I hadn't. Hitting CTRL-F5 did the trick. Smile

I will save that sql statement, though, for future reference. It may come in handy someday!

Thanks again!
--Ann