Support ⇒ Troubleshootings :: Archives ⇒ dynamic signature from a sub folder? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

Archived ⇒ dynamic signature from a sub folder?

i need some help trying to figure out how to put dynamic signatures in a folder. i don't want to do it in root because there are too of them and i want to organize them better. df isn't allowing the signatures to run from anywhere but root.

i understand that it obviously requires them to run in root but i've got like 50 signatures i've made for my members in there now and it's really messing up my file structure not to mention it's getting harder and harder to find anything in my root folder such as my error log.

so pretty please tell me there is some way i can run dynamic signatures from folder.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.22-standard-log/4.4.6/9.1.2.1

First of all, which dynamic sig are you running? Several ppl have made them with varying versions.
Second, are you comfortable modifying PHP?

opening up the serverspecs.php file (or whichever one you have), you'll notice that there are relative paths that will need to be changed (such as "include('includes/cmsinit.inc');")

Actually, that may be all you need to change - try changing that line to
include('../includes/cmsinit.inc'); and place it in any subdirectory directly off the root

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

The URL that you requested, /members/cloud/signature.php, resulted in a server configuration error. It is possible that the condition causing the problem will be gone by the time you finish reading this.

if (isset($_GET['viewsource'])) {
highlight_file(__FILE__);
exit;
}
define('XMLFEED', 1);
include('../includes/cmsinit.inc');
require_once(BASEDIR.'includes/classes/security.php');
require_once(BASEDIR.'includes/classes/cpg_member.php');

Linux/1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.22-standard-log/4.4.6/9.1.2.1

/members/cloud/signature.php would be 2 subdirectories deep - try changing to
include('../../includes/cmsinit.inc'); -or- include('/includes/cmsinit.inc');

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

rlgura wrote
First of all, which dynamic sig are you running? Several ppl have made them with varying versions.
Second, are you comfortable modifying PHP?

I wrote a very nice sigblock generator for Roster Master that caches in a subdirectory (the cache directory is buried several deep in the module subdir). So it can work just fine.

Most likely it's a relative pathing problem, as rlgura has suggested.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS