Support ⇒ Troubleshootings :: Archives ⇒ Custom field with a dropdown menu during user reg :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

Archived ⇒ Custom field with a dropdown menu during user reg

hi, im very new to dragonfly cms, so hopefully my question does not sound too stupid.

i would like to create a custom field during user account registration with a "pulldown or dropdown" menu (so the user has to select frm one of the options. very much like the current "timezone" feature, where the user has to select frm one of the options. i realize that if i change "type" to "3" in phpMyAdmin, under cms_user_fields, i can set that option to that of "timezone". hence, how do i create another "type" and link the user registration custom field to that "type".

specifically, all i want is for the users to select from a list of locations of where they are from. i already have a table containing all the possible locations installed inside my phpMyAdmin. this table was installed by a classified-ads addon.

thank you so much for your time!!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Dragonfly CMS

This is such an interesting question and I would be very interested in what the experts say.

I managed to do this with a dolphin script as the admin panel allowed full control over user fields.

What I have managed to do is to add a few more fields, but I was unable to create any type of dropdown field list.
The page you want to start with is:
In the admin menu > Members config > Fields
http://yoursite.com/admin.php?op=users_cfg

here you will have the option to create a new field and even set it as Public, required or Private, optional etc.

But there are only options for basic text, number, yes/no and gender.

If you go looking in your front end admin, you will find all the stuff in :/language/english/your_account.php
But this is not the page that generates the temporary html page that your users see.

If you look in MYSQL admin, you will find that info in User_fields.

This is just a guess, but you may be able to temporarily ask your question as a 'gender' question and then adapt the Male and Female categories in the user_field database and then again in the '/language/english/your_account.php'

Please be aware that there is probably an easier way and I am only guessing Wink

linux/2.2.8 (Unix)/5.0.45-community- log/5.2.6/9.1.2.1.

thanks Hugeknot for your advice. i'm still hoping someone would enlighten me on how to create the 'dropdown field list'. best wishes anyway..

Dragonfly CMS

I'll move this to Help, probably more responses there.

This aspect has changed quite a bit recently and I'm not 100% up on the new code yet, so I'll leave this for someone more up to date than I am.

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}