General ⇒ Announcements ⇒ Dragonfly Resource Digest ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

Dragonfly Resource Digest Reply to topic

The long overdue Dragonfly Resource Digest is now being compiled.
  • A comprehensive compendium of all add-ons, blocks, themes, plug-ins and other software resources.
  • Must be suitable for DragonflyCMS versions 9.1.1 and above.
  • Will not include non-specific DragonflyCMS resources.
  • GPL products only listed for those sites providing free access to the resource.
  • Commercial resources may also be listed (under consideration).
  • Searchable database
  • Open for author entries soon.
    (the term author is generically applied as the manager of the resource)
  • Initially some links will only be to the site.
    (once the author edit flag is enabled, authors can update links to the specific resource)
  • Entries must be Title specific, without special prefixes.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
linux / apache 2.2.22 / mysqli 5.6.34 / 7.1.22 / 10.0.48.9418+

Nice job Phoenix! That's alot of work to plug all that data in! 👏

I see it's based on Downloads Pro - any thoughts on including the screenshot function?

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

Not even half way through data entry Sad

Screenshot capability is still there, just de-activated for now to keep the whole thing compact.

Overall it looks great. Very Happy

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

Could you add my site

Dragonfly Estonia
000.pri.ee

under the "Web Sites with Resources".
And description:
"Site made for Estonians and English speaking people. The site tries to help people as much as possible, but is also home for some modules and themes, some of them still unreleased."
Or you could add better description if you want to, but I guess you have enough work to do already.

Bye everybody.

-

Digest is now open for "author" entries.

Please follow the guidelines - whilst limited to 9.1.x compatibility, I may add an archive section for 9.0.x.

Should there be any bugs, please report here.

I have one critcism... as a module author, every time I do a release, I'm having to post information all over the place. First, I update the module's project page on my website. Then, I update the download pages (one on my site, one here), then I post an announcement in the News module on my site - and another post on the development discussion thread on another, different website. With the exceptions of the two downloads sites, each one has a different entry format (HTML, BBCode, BBCode with different content, some wierd WYSIWYG, etc...).

This adds yet another spot to keep updated and synchronized. Doh

It sure would be nice if I could have just checked a box in the downloads section that says "9.1.x compatible" or something, and then the digest would just be a DB view.

I don't mind the extra advertisement, it's just I'm starting to hate doing new releases because of all the data entry work I have to do to actually get it out the door! Sad

On the good side, I didn't have any problem editing my entries, so that appears to work as expected.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

@darkgrue this is when PAD files come handly.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

NanoCaiordo wrote
@darkgrue this is when PAD files come handly.

Hmmn, I'll take a look at that. It might help, although I know for certain in my particular circumstance it won't cover all my needs (some of the places I'm posting don't, and never will, parse PAD).

I'll have to experiment with it, but right now looks like you can't use PAD after the fact with Downloads Pro, and as a result of it being based on Downloads Pro, with the Digest as well (not sure what it does if you do use it and want to edit it later). So, I dunno there...

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Whilst the Digest version info is not critical since it only links to the original source (local or external) it would be nice to maintain relevant info.

I could add an extra field which is the DLpro id, pull the info from there, and remove edit capability for such items.

Then a cron job could do those updates automatically, based on comparison between cached files containing simple update times for relevant downloads/resources. The extra system work should be compensated for by the fact that DLpro now has a lower query load from caching category stats.

You could always ask those other websites if they want integrate PAD support.
There are many websites that support PAD, but they are all software related and not module related.

Any Dragonfly website that uses Downloads Pro should be fine though Smile

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Nice work, and thank you for all the hard work.

Linux/2/5.0.51a/5.2.17/9.2.1

Witewolf wrote
Nice work, and thank you for all the hard work.
tim at radiogetswild, mentioned something about nano working on a df cvs repository or something like that, this is not it, does not look like it and tried to click a few links and no go and it does not look like this has been responded to recently!

dfaddons is back online and hopefully can serve some purpose for now and help out with a repository of DF files and more!

dfaddons.com

OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/

Hi there,

The DF UpdateServer might be one way to do this? Might missing some features, but what would the specs for a module like this be?

Take a look here for description, and test the module here.

Espen

www.krypinn.net
mod.krypinn.net

FreeBSD 4.10/1.3.37/5.0.27/5.2.4/9.2.1

Sweet, is there a download for the module available?

dfaddons.com

OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/