Support ⇒ New installations :: Archives ⇒ Cookie settings error on install :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Archived ⇒ Cookie settings error on install

I am trying to install Dragonfly onto a Media Temple Grid Server and keep getting errors regarding the cookies. I've attached a screen grab here:

www.neillwatson.com/grab.jpg

MT support suggested adding this line to the ini file:

session.save_path = /home/####/data/tmp, where the hasg is my server number, bjt this did not work.

To make it more difficult, if I try to start over again at install.hph, it tells my that Dragonfly is already installed.

I really like the look of this stuff and I know I'm nearly there. Can anyone help me over the last fence?

Regards

Neill W

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
linux/php4/MySQL4.1.11/9.1.2.1

in order to start the install all over again you have to empty the database. as for the cookies did DF put the /gs-bin/ in the path fields or did you? might have to do with - (dash) in gs-bin

Multiple Setups

Thanks, I can start over, no problem.

DF put the entries in the fields, not me. That's why I assumed it would be OK.

Neill W

I've started over with the database, but still getting the same cookie error. Now getting really frustrated trying to activate what looks like a really great app.

Are the paths fields for 'Path' and 'Cookie Path' relative to the domain name entered? Can you enter absolute URL's?

I've created folders in all the places I can think of and tried all sorts of paths, but not getting anywhere. Wahy exactly are those folders for and where do they live in a normal install?

Neill W

Additional info:

this line in the php.ini file:

session.save_path = /home/1234/data/tmp

Is that OK for this install?

Getting to the point where I will have to install Coppermine and another CMS in different folders and abandon Dragonfly, which would be a bad thing as it look the busniess.

NW

this has been covered before I just cant find the thread

Multiple Setups

found it dragonflycms.org/Forum...+path.html

Multiple Setups

Thanks, Dizfunkshunal.

Interesting reading for someone with little experience of PHP and MySQL.

Are we saying that the fields 'path' and 'cookie path' should have the path to the tmp folder? The mouse-over instruction in the install simply says 'the path where your website is hosted'
Are the 'path' and cookie path' requirements the same?
Also, when filling these feilds in, is the installer building up a path / url based upon the info in the fields? EG Is it taking the domain name field, then adding the rest? If so, I could be missing something silly like a trailing slash

Just to recap:

My php.ini is set to:

save.session_path = /home/17570/data/tmp

The folder tmp is set to 777

The absolute path to the url is:

/home/17570/domains/rallydriver.net

In the install screen, I'm confused as to what I'm being asked for:

Third field 'path' - It says the path where the website is hosted

Sixth field 'Cookie path' - it says 'the webs address to limit the cookie to'

Am I being asked where are the domain files, or am I being asked 'where to I keep the cookie session files'?

This Media Temple grid server has odd paths for me, I've had problems setting up OS Commerce and others.

But I like the look of this and the little sucker's not going to beat me....

Neill W

Sorry, but after trying as many combinations as I can with the paths fields, I'm at the point of discarding this and moving on. I guess I'll have to install Coppermine and then a different CMS.

It's a shame as it looks like the thing I need.

But with two pages of comments from people about trying to install past the cookie setting screen, I'm surprised one of the development team has not written a sticky about this issue, specifically php.ini and the paths, as it's obviously causing confusion.

One last ask for help, then I'll sadly hit the delete key..

Neill W

In all fairness we have complained about the current state of cookie handling, but DJMaze never saw a problem hence it isn't fixed.

If you could at the least provide a bug report on this maybe it'll get a second look around. But progress must continue and I can understand your desire to move forward.

I have complained about cookie handling since 2004.

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Thanks, Jeruvy.

I'll submit a bug report out of courtesy, but reading your post it appears that people who are far more experienced than I are having problems, but the development team don't see it as an issue.

In that case, it does not bode well for what seems to be a really comprehensive package.

Neill W

IF includes/config.php exists scroll to the last line to configure a custom session path. If doesn't exists leave the field blank when installing.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

Neill_W wrote
Thanks, Jeruvy.

I'll submit a bug report out of courtesy, but reading your post it appears that people who are far more experienced than I are having problems, but the development team don't see it as an issue.

In that case, it does not bode well for what seems to be a really comprehensive package.

Neill W

Again in fairness to DJMaze and the dev's, if you don't see the problem and can't repeat it, it's hard to fix.

Reporting the bug may introduce some info that was missing in prior reports. I know mine isn't all that helpful as I cannot find any bug. But it obviously is causing session handling problems.

I'm in the process of really testing the heck out of this, but I'm still rebuilding a server so once this is complete I'll get back to spending some CPU cycles on this again.

I'm not giving up yet Smile

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}