Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ Please explain 'memory usage' in DF footer :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ Please explain 'memory usage' in DF footer

I installed Dragonfly for the first time & was checking it out. Inside the footer at the bottom I noticed: "Memory Usage: 3.5 MB."

I was wondering if someone could give me more information on what this means.

Thank you.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
win/apache/SQL/PHP5/Dragonfly9.1.2.1

Maybe if I do a better job of specifying I might get an answer? Yeah, let's try that... Big grin

1. 3.5 megabytes seems like a lot of memory to load 1 page from a non-dynamic, website, standpoint. How is the memory footprint distributed? Is it the graphics that takes up most of memory(I notice the default logo seems to be a small .gif and the other images seem to be small image files that are repeated). Are there good optimizations anyone knows of to cut down on mem usage?

2. How does DF's memory footprint compare to other php cms distros like(hope no one takes offense to me naming these here): joomla, xoops, nuke, cms x, etc?

3. How fast will a 3.5 mb footprint load on a dial up connection? I remember in the old days I used to run php nuke and it loaded no problem.. It seems that much would take awhile to download over a 56k conn..

Any other comments welcome..

Strange website name, but it appears to be unreachable 😉

There's nothing really worth seeing on it, so I didn't post the link. It's just a default install. ; x

Here's a picture if you like..

I maybe wrong, but if that is only a default install you sure are sucking up some resources via a huge mysql db etc or you need to find a new webhost. Just my 2 cents.

[CentOS release 4.6 (Final)] | [Apache 1.3.37] | [MySQL 4.1.21-standard-log (client: 4.1.21) | [PHP 4.4.7] | [DF 9.2.1] | [FPro 2.0.2]

Yeah, that does seem very slow here is mine and my homepage is large.

This page generated in 0.3886 seconds with 64 DB Queries in 0.1119 seconds
Memory Usage: 3.81 MB

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Ok, after more checking...

1. I think the "memory usage" refers to server load or contains a decimal, point, error. I loaded the page like 20-30 times, each time it said 3-5 MB, the total bandwidth consumed this month is still below 10 MB(admittedly I don't know how caching might factor into this).

2. I deactivated Copper Mine and some other modules & blocks and it came down to about 3 MB, mem usage.

3. NVM, I'll figure it out. ; x