Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ [solved] In ForumsPro PMs - not showing 'boxes' :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ [solved] In ForumsPro PMs - not showing 'boxes'

running 9.1.2.1

I have a problem where the inbox/sentbox/outbox and savebox show a date column but there is no date next to the PMs so don't know when they are sent.

Also when reading a PM it wont tell you when it was posted as the posted column is empty as well.

What files do I need to edit, is this a theme problem, or is it a problem within the modules files?

many thanks

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / ? / 5.0.22 / 5.2.3 / 9.1.2.1

Hard to check microsoft.com!! Which particular area of MS is using DragonflyCMS?

sorry, updated info accordingly - site is www.cruise-evo.co.uk and have adjusted in details

The simplest , and standard, check of theme related issues is to check using the default theme.

Tried uploading the default theme, cleared cache, didn't rectify the problem.

As far as im aware it's never worked since 9.0.6.1, so would of thought it could be something server side or something elsewhere

here are the problems i've spotted - can anyone help or advise please Smile

both are missing time + date

made a mistake second image should of been

Phoenix wrote
The simplest , and standard, check of theme related issues is to check using the default theme.

You need to show the screen shots using the default theme, as Phoenix suggested.
He is trying to help you but can not if you are using an unknown theme.

Or you can try and ask for help from the place you dl the theme from.

As we can not rule out this being theme related.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

uploaded the dragonfly theme and default theme from 9.1.2.1 however the problem still exists - no time/date is displayed in private messages.

Im actually having the same problem, upgraded to 9.1.2.1 today and pms are not showing dates, switching theme makes no difference.

Also - the meter that shows how full your inbox is always reads 100% no matter what

Linux/Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.22-standard MySQL/PHP 4.4.4/DF 9.1.2.1

hmm, in both cases you have ForumsPro - that may well be the start of your issue.

In both cases I see no evidence of the default theme either - that can come back to haunt you later.

I used the original default theme directory, but took files from the theme that I downloaded so that the default theme looked exactly the same as the other theme.

When I went to see if it was the themes at fault I moved the skinned themes out and replaced with the default theme and dragonfly theme. This didn't sort the problem, so got rid of them and put the existing themes back.

It did used to work a few versions back as I started using dragonfly in Sept 06, even with the non standard themes installed.

It is not about looks - it is about maintaining the existence of the original, unadulterated, uncorrupted, unchanged "default" theme directory - the DF system requires it, and its presence is the single most effective way of verifying the source, or otherwise, of very many issues. Anyway, that's your choice and your potential problem.

The actual PM problem is most likely about your ForumsPro installation. I'm not a user so I can't help you much more than point you in that direction.

Ive solved this on my site now, I do have the default theme on my site as it should be, Ive just renamed the theme.php so that members cannot select it as a theme.

Anyway as for the solution - Phoenix was right in thinking it was an issue with ForumsPro - it was.

Ive turned off the ForumsPro blocks in private messages and it now works fine.

Linux/Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)/4.1.22-standard MySQL/PHP 4.4.4/DF 9.1.2.1

subject changed to fit issue and moved to appropriate forum

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢