Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat :: Archives ⇒ Vacations & banter :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

Archived ⇒ Vacations & banter

WebSiteGuru wrote
man are you going on a vacation again. Nice to have time to do that. Wink

Hopefully the site will come up soon. Very Happy Big grin

Most of my travels are work-related. I take so few actual vacations that I now have to take some "use or lose" vacation time.

In reality, vacations are too much work! Laughing

- |\\/|ystic

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 14.04.1/Apache 2/5.5.38/5.5.9/9.4.0.0

Mystic wrote
WebSiteGuru wrote
man are you going on a vacation again. Nice to have time to do that. Wink

Hopefully the site will come up soon. Very Happy Big grin

Most of my travels are work-related. I take so few actual vacations that I now have to take some "use or lose" vacation time.

In reality, vacations are too much work! Laughing

That what I'll be doing at the end of the month "use or loose" vacation time.. WOOT WOOT! 2 and 1/2 weeks baby.... But you know what going to happends is that I will have the honey-do list up the ying yang. Laughing Oh well at least I don't have to get up at 5AM. (oooo dark hundred). Wink And that is fine by me.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

I hear ya with the vacations - I usually can't wait to get back to work so I can relax! Smile My wife works me alot harder than my job does! Laughing

Hey Mystic - how's it going over there? Need any help?

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

Me and you both rlgura. But at least, I think I can get those projects done the ones that was started and never got done.

Yea! Mystic, if you need some help just say it. Wink

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

I think the moral of that little discourse is:Don't get a job. Don't get married. Find a nice little hole on the margins of society and live in peace and tranquility. Cool

Ps
For maximum comfort, peace and tranquility that "nice little hole" should be no more than 200km from the ski slopes and no more than 50km from a decent secret/private beach with a minimum water temperature of at least 25 degrees centigrade. Big grin

CentOS Apache_2.0 Mysql_5.0 PHP_5.2 Dragonfly_9.1

should be no more than 200km from the ski slopes and no more than 50km from a decent secret/private beach with a minimum water temperature of at least 25 degrees centigrade

And you're writing that from Edinburgh??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

rosbif wrote
should be no more than 200km from the ski slopes and no more than 50km from a decent secret/private beach with a minimum water temperature of at least 25 degrees centigrade

I am sure I have already replied to this. Maybe it was taken down because it was in gutter French. A rough translation of my previous reply is:

"I am in Edinburgh at the moment, but I normally live in Aix-en-Provence."

Floor laughing

I'm 155km from some great ski hills, and 145km from the hot springs. I guess that qualifies since it's a 5 minute drive from the ski hill. But I'm lazy and would rent a hotel room with a jacuzzi instead Wink

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Jeruvy wrote
But I'm lazy and would rent a hotel room with a jacuzzi instead Wink

Not unreasonable, but us ancient hippy's prefer a modified Bus: They have plenty of room for ski's, kayak, dive suit and surfboard The 21st century version has moved from psychedelic dayglow to a more natural splotched rust colour, but they can still make an old school Gendarme drool with anticipation.

Other concessions to old age include a built in bath and heated toilet. The bath in particular is excellent, a tub that is just large enough to sit inside and can take twenty litres of water with room for overspill works best.

As you may imagine, when you get the gas fire going, with 10 litres of hot water on standby, the comfort factor is incredible. Laughing

rlgura wrote
I hear ya with the vacations - I usually can't wait to get back to work so I can relax! Smile My wife works me alot harder than my job does! Laughing

Hey Mystic - how's it going over there? Need any help?

Thanks for the offers rlgura and WSG. I think I have everything back and running smoothly now.

I'm attempting to keep up with forum traffic and user adds again. Been off playing with Ruby on Rails a bit, but so far nothing exciting has come of it.

One of these days I am going to get the totals all aligned from past donations/pay outs. At least the current projects are all accurate.

- |\\/|ystic

Ubuntu 14.04.1/Apache 2/5.5.38/5.5.9/9.4.0.0

rosbif wrote

Hahahaha Laughing
I'm about a 2 hours drive away from the next ski slopes and a 2 hours drive from the next beach Very Happy And tomorrow I'll be 5 min away from the beach, but a 8 hours flight from the ski resorts, unless you can ski no Hawaii Wink Cool

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 4.1.21-standard / 4.4.6 / 9.2.1