Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) :: Archives ⇒ How can I allow anonymous users to see attachments? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ How can I allow anonymous users to see attachments?

ok i did a few searches.
Mostly i find results as if im searching with the word ATTACHMENTS but that just brings up a multitude of topics not related to what im looking for.
I guess the string is just too complex so here we go (simplified)

installed with my DF is Attachment Mod Version 2.3.9 ( i don't remember if i had to install this some time ago or it was automatically part of the CPG-BB forum

now... even though i am now using ForumsPro..... that same attachment mod seems to go into use when used.

My question is.

When a user or myself is LOGGED OUT we / they can not see attachments in posts.
i have the boards permissions for attachments set to ALL for attachtments but of corse you need to be REGISTERED to actually POST a message and attach something to it.

I thought this configuration would allow unreg / logged out visitors to view attachments.

How can i make this possable?

I even looked at both settings for the regular CPG-BB forusm as well as the FORUMS PRO settings

[mod edit, changed title to something clearer to the problem, but I'm not about to fix all your typo's. A spell checker would be a good idea so we don't misunderstand your questions]

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

You have to work with your permission levels.

Read this thread, you will see how certain settings have to be "tweaked" to get what you want.

Your forums module needs to allow all access. Then change the individual created forums, permission levels.

As discussed here: dragonflycms.org/Forum...19995.html

ok i got it worked out

for each FORUM i had to change DOWNLOAD to ALL

i had download set to REG