Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ phpBB :: Archives ⇒ SMF -> PHPBB -> DF :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 phpBB ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ SMF -> PHPBB -> DF

I have a very active SMF board in which I have multiple user groups with differing permissions. I understand that I must first upgrade to PHPBB and then upgrade to DF. I will keep my SMF-to-PHPBB specific questions elsewhere but I do have some questions about the PHPBB-to-DF conversion. I’m setting up a timeline and list of events that need to occur prior to starting any conversions. I’m confused however about the PHPBB-to-DF conversion.

There are multiple posts regarding a conversion tool that needs to be downloaded and used when converting. Yet, there is also this post: dragonflycms.org/Forum...20363.html which implies that no conversion tool is necessary and that the actual conversion is simply a part of the initial installation process. Is this the case?

And if so, what are the requirements for this to happen? Can I have my DF and PHPBB tables separate? Or do they need to be in the same database? Do they need to have the same prefix? Once the conversion takes place, do I then delete all of the “phpbb_” specific tables or will they need to remain?

I intend to work on this project this weekend so I’m sure I’ll have many more questions but at the moment I need these ones answered so I can decide if this is actually the path I want to take.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Also, I apologize for not having my OS info updated. I’m at work and don’t have access to the specifics of my stuff atm. However, I do know it meets the basic requirements.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
unknown at this time

How did this go?

I'm about to try the same.

you don\'t need to know

It seems his site is still on SMF, but this is not THE answer.

-