Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ OT local server chat ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

OT local server chat Reply to topic

Perhaps - just giving you an alternate way, if the problem of Dragonfly not recognising your setup turns out to be the LAMP setup rather than DF Wink Easier than the way described in the wiki.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

All right, will dwell more into this tomorrow! Already 2 AM. Thanks for the replies everyone.

latest

get rid of Xampp use WAMP www.wampserver.com/en/

Multiple Setups

redenex wrote
We're glad you made the decision to use Dragonfly

The installer couldn't detect which version of CPG-Nuke/PHP-Nuke you are using.
You can't continue the installation.
Please contact the CPG Dev Team

That statement spawned "change your serving environment entirely" statements, but I disagree.

As an Ubuntu user, you should be (or get) familiar with using APT, Synaptic, or whatever your software package management preferences are (but don't mix one with the other, that's a terrible idea), instead of mucking with a serving environment you won't get support for from Ubuntu Forums\IRC. I wouldn't bet against someone wanting to reply, "Well I * and I've had no problems...", and that's basically what I'm doing, too.

My first Dragonfly install was on my LAN, in a Debian Sarge LAMP which I put together via Aptitude. The built-in Debian "webserver" option (via debinstall, or some such) was too chunky, etc.

On WINDOWS, I agree that a prepackaged all-in-one is usually more comfortable and works for localhost. In Linux, if you care enough to use a CMS, you might consider caring enough to dig into your daemons individually, IMHO.

Btw, in Windows, when I did so, I chose vertrigo.sourceforge.net/

I don't really like: www.howtoforge.com/lam...ubuntu6.06

But it would work, and they make a good suggestion in saying to test in VMWare, if you can. I've a sore spot for Webmin, too. Of course, I'm just throwing my 122 cents in, since I suspect you already did this: ssl.scroogle.org/cgi-b...p+tutorial

Topic moved from: dragonflycms.org/Forum...21718.html

Debian/etch Apache/2.2.3 MySQL/5.0.32-Debian_7etch1-log PHP/5.2.0-8+etch7 Dragonfly CMS/9.1.2.1

Last edited by whatrevolution on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frankly guys, I do not need WAMP nor XAMPP, since as I told I am on LAMP anyway. The problem is definitely not with my Apache set-up, since other CMS seems to be working fine with this.

Going to do some research again, will post if what I have in my mind works.

latest