Support ⇒ PostNuke ⇒ Converting from Post Nuke ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly PostNuke

Converting from Post Nuke Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2

Has any headway been made in this interest since this time Last Year? Maybe there's a conversion method I just haven't found yet.

I'd like to be able to convert my postnuke pnphpbb2 into a dragonfly installation along with the users. Everything else I can figure out on my own I'm sure. Any advice?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Hosted on godaddy/9.0.6.1

I completed a conversion script to go from Postnuke to Dragonfly. Many people have the time and desire to engineer their own solutions but I figured some other people out there may not have the background to develop their own or own a data migration/transformation tool.

I've submitted it as a download to this site. It's available for download here.

Hosted on godaddy/9.0.6.1

Seems this script died an ugly death.

I have manually converted a post nuke site to DF, with good sucess but I am a little baffled by the news items. I was moving the itesm form one database to another and I noticed the date field is very different. Are you counting seconds from a specific date?

In the stories table Postnuke uses pn_time which is a Datetime field and DF uses time which is an integer.

Is there a way I could convert this eaily?

I thought it was just Unix time, seconds since the epoch. Here's a php page for the gettimeofday function.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

I forgot what it was called and yes thats it. I was wondering if anyone knew of a converter, which I found one at:
www.onlineconversion.c...x_time.htm

Has there been any kind of progress made with the ability to convert from Post Nuke to Dragonfly? I have a site that I would like to convert to DF, but I can not afford for a lot of downtime. I would like to know if there is a quick conversion that can be don't without having to worry about needing to do a bunch of heavy coding in SQL/PHP. From looking at the lack of replies here I guess I should not really expect much, but I figure I should at least check just in case something changed in the last year or so.

Arguing with a creationist is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and fly back to it's flock to claim victory. -anon

Linux/1.3.39 (Unix)/4.1.22-standard/5.2.4/9.2.1