Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Siggen (wowrosterDF) avatars/signatures and dragonfly ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

Siggen (wowrosterDF) avatars/signatures and dragonfly Reply to topic

I just installed WowrosterDF 1.7.3, and enabled the siggen addon, i believe version 0.2.6.

I want to setup the avatars and signature images which siggen creates (I store them in the avatars folder) so that when a user registers for our website, the avatar and signature image (which is saved as [charactername.png] automatically links to their profile.

So - I found some code that would force the avatar to link up to their username, but as it is now I cannot "force" our guild members to use their character's username when registering...So I thought that I'd add a custom field (a required field), which would query the wowrosterdf users table, and require the registering user to select their username from a drop down list (can be different from their registration username, again this would be a custom field). Once they complete registration, the username they selected from the custom field would link up to the corresponding avatar and signature image.

Of course one of the options in the field would have to be "not listed", which would assign a default or blank avatar to the user (I don't always update the roster as regularly as i should).

What all would be involved in making this work? I basically want to make user registration as simple and pain free as possible...as we have many people in our guild who aren't computer or website proficient. I'm guessing that the functions.php file in the Your_Account module would need some modification, or possibly the register.php file...if the Your Account module had an html template file, this would be much easier, I think.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts on this.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.23.13-grsec-sg1/Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)/MySQL 5.0.45-community-log/DF 9.2.1