Support ⇒ phpBB ⇒ Easy way to convert? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly phpBB

Easy way to convert? Reply to topic

Is there an easy way to convert? I have sat here for 5/6 hours trying different methods, the phpbb to nuke conversion isn't working at all, and there appears to be no conversion from phpbb to dragonfly, the posts in this section are over a year old and after reading them I'm no further forward.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

I must admit to being extremely disappointed that there is no clarification on how to merge, this puts people off actually joining the community.

Anyway, I ended up finding a converter to php-nuke I converted a phpbb 2.0.22 version over to nuke 7.4, I then converted from that to dragonfly, it had a few teething problems like entries in the datebase already existing so after removing them and clearing the cache system I now have all my users and forum posts moved over.

I believe we need a clear script for this, how else can you possibly entice people over to this fabulous system if you have to go through an extremely long process to get there, added to that no clear concise post about how to actually do it.

I'm happy enough to provide the phpbb2 to nuke converter but you also need a php3 converter and even better a phpbb straight to DF would be a huge advantage.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):